CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Retirement........

Old 05-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #61
RobbiesCornField
Rich, that sounds like so much fun! Granted, I haven't had to deal with that... yet. I'll let you know how I feel about it when it happens.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #62
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Heck no! I'm hoping to finally have more time to take a ride now and again. Did you know that moss will grow on the north side of a vehicle if you don't move it now and again?
Well if you ever make up to Ky and want to see where your Corvette was made let me know, I will give you tour.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #63
Caryl
I just submitted my order. I'm proud to support the Rich and Connie retirement fund!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #64
Jeff Linkchorst
Rich
Congrats & Good Luck with your Retirement Plans. I am glad that I was able to meet You & Connie at a few MARS shows.
I really wish I could get some of your ex keepers. There are some great deals there. But at this moment in time. I am just trying to keep my head above water. But who knows what the future may bring!!
Don't forget to take your camera with you. So we can see some other places as well.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:31 AM   #65
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
I just submitted my order. I'm proud to support the Rich and Connie retirement fund!
Thank you! You have no idea how much I appreciate the orders right now.

And thank you to the other people who have placed orders recently. I've really never felt this way about getting orders before. Very strange feeling.... I guess it's the fact that every order brings Connie and I one step closer to starting this new chapter in our lives.

I was looking around the reptile building today thinking about how strange it will look and feel when all the animals are gone. When we thought the sale of the business was going to take place, Connie and I talked about what we would do with that building. I asked her what she wanted to do. In some of our blackest times when the work and stress would get to us, she would always lament that her entire life has been spent doing for others. Not that she was complaining, but I think she has fears of dying and not leaving any mark that is hers alone in this world. Something that she DID by herself and for herself. She said something about putting in a certified kitchen in part of the building so she could do something commercially having to do with cooking. Not sure what she was thinking about, though. She works down at a local seafood market on Wednesdays (and some Saturdays when needed) because she became friends with the owner and she said she just needs a break from here once a week. Her boss and Connie (if you ever saw them together you would swear they are sisters!) have dreamed up something to do with cooking and selling food items at events and affairs. Heck, I'm not sure of the details, but she gets excited talking about it, so what the heck. Time to let her make her mark. Not sure what all that will cost, as this was when we were expecting a really nice chunk of change selling the entire business, and we would have had some extra money outside of what would be allocated for retirement. But hell, I've sold off a bunch of my guns a little while back, so if that money has to go towards this for her, then I can't begrudge her that. Besides, I might have a part time job there myself. I mean SEAFOOD PLATTERS!?! Heck, SOMEBODY is going to have to be the taste tester for that stuff.......

Old 05-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #66
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Linkchorst View Post
Rich
Congrats & Good Luck with your Retirement Plans. I am glad that I was able to meet You & Connie at a few MARS shows.
I really wish I could get some of your ex keepers. There are some great deals there. But at this moment in time. I am just trying to keep my head above water. But who knows what the future may bring!!
Don't forget to take your camera with you. So we can see some other places as well.
Yeah, we kind of miss those MARS shows. Mostly because of the steamed crabs and crabcakes, but heck the show itself wasn't bad either....

Maybe sometime we'll drive up there in September just to visit the show and meet a bunch of our old friends in that neck of the woods. It would probably be a whole lot more enjoyable for us without worrying about carting the animals all that way. Heck, I still remember one year doing that show when I used to do the big display tank with all my best animals. Well one year when I opened up the styro with my top animals in it, most of them were dead. I still get goose bumps thinking about that day. I'm still not sure what happened, but best I can figure is that when we stopped for the night in North Carolina, I should have opened up the styro. Maybe had too many snakes in there, but I had done that before with no problems. Maybe they just suffocated. You just can't imagine opening up bags and pulling out your top animals, nearly all of them dead and limp. Something like 30 or so, if I remember correctly. It was a BIG styro, but I had no idea it just wasn't big enough. Anyway, that's why I never did a display there again. Matter of fact, at subsequent shows, the staff would inadvertently play the same song on the same CD that was playing at that time and my eyes would kind of glaze over. I dunno, maybe that is one of the reasons we stopped doing that show.

A lot of people don't realize how stressful and fraught with mishaps that shows really are for vendors. There was always something going wrong. Heck, I don't know how many animals Connie has found after the show while we were packing up. We just gave them to someone, as I certainly didn't want more mouths to feed. It was when doing the South Carolina shows and they started allowing hots there that I decided to stop doing those shows. I certainly didn't want my wife finding a mamba underneath the table at some show.

Sheesh, you all are going to just HATE it when I'm retired and have time to run on like this in posts..........

Old 05-27-2009, 01:48 AM   #67
Walter Smith
Quote:
Thank you! You have no idea how much I appreciate the orders right now.

And thank you to the other people who have placed orders recently. I've really never felt this way about getting orders before. Very strange feeling.... I guess it's the fact that every order brings Connie and I one step closer to starting this new chapter in our lives.

I was looking around the reptile building today thinking about how strange it will look and feel when all the animals are gone. When we thought the sale of the business was going to take place, Connie and I talked about what we would do with that building. I asked her what she wanted to do. In some of our blackest times when the work and stress would get to us, she would always lament that her entire life has been spent doing for others. Not that she was complaining, but I think she has fears of dying and not leaving any mark that is hers alone in this world. Something that she DID by herself and for herself. She said something about putting in a certified kitchen in part of the building so she could do something commercially having to do with cooking. Not sure what she was thinking about, though. She works down at a local seafood market on Wednesdays (and some Saturdays when needed) because she became friends with the owner and she said she just needs a break from here once a week. Her boss and Connie (if you ever saw them together you would swear they are sisters!) have dreamed up something to do with cooking and selling food items at events and affairs. Heck, I'm not sure of the details, but she gets excited talking about it, so what the heck. Time to let her make her mark. Not sure what all that will cost, as this was when we were expecting a really nice chunk of change selling the entire business, and we would have had some extra money outside of what would be allocated for retirement. But hell, I've sold off a bunch of my guns a little while back, so if that money has to go towards this for her, then I can't begrudge her that. Besides, I might have a part time job there myself. I mean SEAFOOD PLATTERS!?! Heck, SOMEBODY is going to have to be the taste tester for that stuff.......
Hey, watch it there Rich, ya know those fried foods will go staight to your hips..

Walter,
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 05-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #68
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
Hey, watch it there Rich, ya know those fried foods will go staight to your hips..

Walter,
BOUT' CORNS !!
Huh... Is that the place where my belly button is located? I never was much good with anatomy....

Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM   #69
El Jefe
Quote:
When we thought the sale of the business was going to take place, Connie and I talked about what we would do with that building. I asked her what she wanted to do. In some of our blackest times when the work and stress would get to us, she would always lament that her entire life has been spent doing for others. Not that she was complaining, but I think she has fears of dying and not leaving any mark that is hers alone in this world. Something that she DID by herself and for herself. She said something about putting in a certified kitchen in part of the building so she could do something commercially having to do with cooking. Not sure what she was thinking about, though. She works down at a local seafood market on Wednesdays (and some Saturdays when needed) because she became friends with the owner and she said she just needs a break from here once a week. Her boss and Connie (if you ever saw them together you would swear they are sisters!) have dreamed up something to do with cooking and selling food items at events and affairs. Heck, I'm not sure of the details, but she gets excited talking about it, so what the heck. Time to let her make her mark. Not sure what all that will cost, as this was when we were expecting a really nice chunk of change selling the entire business, and we would have had some extra money outside of what would be allocated for retirement. But hell, I've sold off a bunch of my guns a little while back, so if that money has to go towards this for her, then I can't begrudge her that.
You are a good man Mr. Z.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #70
animalhouse
Wow, well good luck with your retirement! I am sure there are a lot of people.. Including myself, that would love some of ure babies! Your gonna be on your way to retirement in no time !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google