CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Rounding second base, heading for third...

Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #51
Rich Z
Tonight I went over to the mouse building. Shut off the fans, as all of the mice are now in the freezers. The silence was overwhelming. Pretty much tomb-like from the feel I got. I have no idea how it's going to hit me when all the snakes are gone as well.......... Man, I hope I am doing the right thing.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #52
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Man, I hope I am doing the right thing.
Probably not, but but hey, you gotta do it sooner or later. Besides, you could just pull a Favre at some point in the next 9 months . . .

D80

PS. If you do pull a Favre, I got some adults for sale over in the for sale section . . . just sayin'!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #53
kathylove
Must be a really weird feeling. Almost like memories of graduating from high school - on one hand, it felt SO good to finally get out of there and to enter the adult world. But - OTOH - it was a scary feeling to know that everything in your life up to that point was to be no more - and you are entering a new phase, leaving the old life behind forever. Liberating - but still kind of weird and scary!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #54
Gronk
Change can cause a lot of reservation and trepidation, no worries. From everything you've described over the 6 years I've been around here, your life has been a never ending circle. What you are doing is such a major change, you're going to hear an "echo" for a while . There won't be thousands of "kids" tugging at you non-stop.

If you've thought thru the financials and are ok there, then go with the flow.
Sounds like you and Connie have earned this.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #55
Rich Z
Yeah, it's definitely going to be different.

The other day a friend of ours stopped by and we were outside talking with him. I started feeling rushed, because normally I just haven't had time to just stand around talking for any length of time because of the workload. Well it suddenly dawned on me, no, I don't HAVE to be in a rush at all. I didn't have several hundred baby snakes to clean and feed as I normally do this time of year. We didn't have workers coming in. We didn't have mice to take care of.

Matter of fact, the only thing animal-wise really pressing right now is that I HAVE to get rid of all these snakes by January. But I've got until December to really start worrying about that problem. I guess worse comes to worse, in February I'll be selling custom cornsnake hatbands......

Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #56
airenlow
Put me on the list for a pair of boots!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google