CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

BOI Button

Old 11-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Nanci
BOI Button

Could we get the button added to our classified section, linking to the BOI as it does on Fauna?

Old 11-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
Tara80
I think it's a good idea, given a few things that have transpired recently.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
Lennycorn
You just want to push buttons, don't ya! : )

Old 11-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
Cat_Eyed_Lady
When You brought it up before, I thought it was a really good idea Nanci. We have to do something to make the BOI more pronounced so that ppl Really see it and check it before doing something they will regret.

Great idea!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Jdog3131
I don't see how this could be bad really, sounds like a good idea.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
Rich Z
I'm not sure how well this could be implemented, as FaunaClassifieds and CornSnakes are two separate sites each using their own separate database. Not only that, but on FaunaClassifieds I require real full names to be used there, which is not a requirement on this site, and a major part of the search criteria needed for positive identification. And if a member here uses a different member name than they do on FaunaClassifieds, then the search function really wouldn't have a whole lot to go on.

At this point in time, I'm not really willing to put requirements into place in the classifieds section here such that I have on FaunaClassifieds.

I think if I ran this by my programmer, he would suggest some sort of Google linking function, which, quite honestly, I'm not sure I would want to implement. A person could just as easily just go to Google and do a search there. And if they had the initiative to do that, well, they might as well just go to the BOI anyway.

I believe that the best thing for people to do is to just got to FaunaClassifieds and use the search function there to find someone they are curious about.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
Cat_Eyed_Lady
The 'trick' is just how to get more ppl to use it. Something to think about but thanks for letting us know Rich

Old 11-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_Eyed_Lady View Post
The 'trick' is just how to get more ppl to use it. Something to think about but thanks for letting us know Rich
Yeah, I know... But I've pretty much taken the attitude of the possibilities of leading a horse to water... If it doesn't drink, you can either wrestle the horse to the ground and force a hose down it's throat to administer some water, through some peril from the flailing hooves, or you can just leave the horse make it's own decisions and just hope that your next horse has a whole lot more sense. I tend to choose the latter...

Old 11-23-2011, 01:20 AM   #9
Cat_Eyed_Lady
Ya, the last thing I need at the moment is a nice placed Hoof to my head! LOL

I can see picking your battles. Thank you for explaining it tho... most of us (ME) has no idea how difficult it can be to add something to a website. Especially when it has to be linked in such a way. Sounds simple but.... most things do til ya gotta do it yourself! LOL

We will just have to keep pointing ppl the right way and hope they listen Been working pretty good so far and the more mouths we can get to spread it... the busier we can keep you having to ok names to post in the BOI hehe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google