• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rescue corn. Morph unknown.

Hikari

So, I purchased a new corn snake from Craigslist. Someone needed him rehomed, and the price was right. Pity almost everything he came with was a hot mess reeking of cigarette smoke and needs/needed replaced, but that's a story for another thread (would explain why he was so cheap to come with everything though).

I was told he was male, around 2-3 years old. Morph is unknown. My best guess is some sort of Anerythristic, but I have no idea what kind (there's like, three versions last I read).

I posted a vid to YouTube, because he would NOT sit still for pics. I used my white craft light to get the truest colors possible.

(Also, excuse the mess you'll see in the background. I forgot to clean up before recording, and it's been a busy week for my bedroom/reptile room :face_palm_02: )

If I had to guess it's probably an Anery "A", but it "could" maybe be a Cinder morph too...?...I don't think it is, but rhere's so much variance in morphs nowadays...Anery A's seem to exhibit dimorphism, where the females and males look somewhat different...Male anery's, especially older ones tends toward, earthy, pastel kind of colors, whereas the females tend to be more "stark", grays, brown and black...I think it's a pretty Anery "A", and nice job on the rescue :grin01:

Looking at it twice it may even be a normal ie "Classic"...What color are the eyes?...It's neat :grin01:

I had a female corn similarly colored. She was an Anery Caramel, but she did have other recessive genes in her background too.

If I had to guess it's probably an Anery "A", but it "could" maybe be a Cinder morph too...?...I don't think it is, but rhere's so much variance in morphs nowadays...Anery A's seem to exhibit dimorphism, where the females and males look somewhat different...Male anery's, especially older ones tends toward, earthy, pastel kind of colors, whereas the females tend to be more "stark", grays, brown and black...I think it's a pretty Anery "A", and nice job on the rescue :grin01:

Looking at it twice it may even be a normal ie "Classic"...What color are the eyes?...It's neat :grin01:

Yeah, I'm thinking he's probably just a normal Anery if he was originally gotten from somewhere they didn't even know his morph (makes me wonder how accurate his sexing is too). Then again, I've seen some surprising corns pop up at big box stores, so it might not be unheard of for him to be a Cinder or something (which was my next best guess). I really only care just in case I decide to trade/sell him in the future, since I'm still not sure if I'll want to keep him long term. Anery's aren't really my thing (but I suppose he could grow on me).

His eyes are really pretty. They're grey, but look kinda speckled. Seems to be a theme with him. Dark speckles on his eyes, scales, I even noticed some on his tongue! XD

anerysnek1.jpg

anerysnek2.jpg

Back