CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Chat room - listen up, please
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #21
JM :o)
LOL! I knew it was you! Somehow I just knew it! LOL
Sorry~ I'm a parent~ you may not see the same humour in this that I do! LOL!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #22
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM :o)
LOL! I knew it was you! Somehow I just knew it! LOL
Sorry~ I'm a parent~ you may not see the same humour in this that I do! LOL!
LOL. Maybe it was the fact that Joe came out and said he was going to do it that tipped you off, Cheryl. I'm not a parent, but it didn't take parental insight to figure this one out.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #23
Serpwidgets
For the record, this guy clearly started typing his nastyness BEFORE Joejr said "gtfo."

Quote:
I do not want this site, the people here, and myself by association, getting the reputation that such behavior will unavoidably lead to.

Ironically, that statement sums up why I do not want anyone to associate my name with being a member on Fauna.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #24
JM :o)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
LOL. Maybe it was the fact that Joe came out and said he was going to do it that tipped you off, Cheryl. I'm not a parent, but it didn't take parental insight to figure this one out.

Joe says it a lot~ if I'm in chat I tell him to leave Rich alone. I don't usually take it seriously~ it's kind of like when there is a room full of kids and you can hear them in there bickering~ one will holler "I'm gonna tell!" every 5 min or so. It usually doesn't actually make to the "telling" part though~ as most kids put together that IF they do tell~ then whatever the Teller did will come out at the same time as whatever it is he is Telling on.

Sorry~ I just found it funny~ LOL!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:59 PM   #25
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Who in the hell is complaining that they're off topic?
You are:
Quote:
Maybe that's not 'nice', but neither is coming into a cornsnake chat room to be rude and expect EVERYONE to stop what they're talking about to answer your off topic question.

Why is our job to 'be nice' to rude people from Fauna who come into a cornsnake chat room to talk about frogs, toad, torts, iguana, lizards, moths, salamanders, etc etc? I don't get it. I feel like you're yelling at us because we're not accomodating these people---and that makes no sense to me. Is it snobbish?
Quote:
What PISSES me off is when people come into the CORNSNAKES room thinking they own the joint
. . . and you're NOT acting like you own the place?!

Quote:
Someone needs to explain how coming into the chat where a conversation is taking place and going:
HELLO DOES NE1 HERE HAVE TORTITOSES?!??
(no response in 10 seconds)
DOES NE1 HAVE NE TORTISOSES!?!?!?!
HELLO?!?!?!
Someone explain to how that is acceptable.
Let's explore this further shall we?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatroom
Joe_Jo: does n e one know n e thing about tortoises
Serpwidgets_CS: Dude
hana_CS: This is CORN SNAKE chat
CARattler40_CS: Just ignore it
CARattler40_CS: It'll go away.
Serpwidgets_CS: LOL
CornCrazy_CS: Ummm...does this look like a tortoise room?
terrysangel79_CS: they got shells i think lol
CornCrazy_CS: we are discussing corn snakes...
CornCrazy_CS: LOL
CARattler40_CS: They swim.
breedingcolors_CS: Here are the babies from the first clutch, the second clutch I got 2 amels, 4 normals and this one
breedingcolors_CS: http://www.breedingcolors.com/english/pairing01.html
Joejr14_CS: dis is da cron sankie chat room
Joejr14_CS: gtfo
Weebonilass_CS: <--- checking snakie for hard shell............ nope, no travel trailer
jazzgeek_CS: I know some thing about tortoises.
stephen_CS: they dont swim Carlos
CornCrazy_CS: Their lungs are positioned in a weird place.
CARattler40_CS: SHHH
jazzgeek_CS: and that thing is "Tortoises are not corn snakes".
Joe_joe's Spaz follows . . .
From Joe_jo's second question about tortoises, he got told this is CORN SNAKE chat. (Funny, just after entering the room someone got called a butthead didn't know that was corn snakey). Got asked if this looked like a tortoise chat room. Got told they have shells (DUH!). Got told they swim (WRONG.). Got mocked with "dis is da cron sankie chat room" and then told to gtfo. All of this BEFORE his SPAZ session . . . Interesting.

Quote:
When you come into a place and act like an ass, expect to be treated like one. This person came in, disrupted the chat that was going on, and then flipped out when he wasn't answered. Is someone REALLY going to defend this guy? Look at all that cussing, please, someone defend him.
What's it mean when you're already in the place and act like an ass?! That's a more important question and one I think Rich is asking us to think about. Am I defending this guy? Nope. But I don't condone the reaction that he received neither. I guess if you want to talk Lesser Of Two Evils, yeah fine, but that doesn't remove the Classless way he was treated either.

Quote:
This crap happens just about every night.
Walk away! Corn Chat doesn't define you as a person does it?! Srsly?!

Quote:
Since we're showing snippets, here's another good one. So look, Clarinet comes into a private chat room and what are the first words out of her mouth? "Why can't we talk about boas?"
Thanks for more ammunition . . . not a good example . . .

Clarinet comes into a private chat room . . . how'd she get in there if it was private? Aren't private chat rooms password blocked? If not, then they're not private! DUH! But I digress . . . SO, Clarinet comes into private chat and the first words out of her mouth are:
clarinet45: why can't we talk about boas?
The answer she was give . . . ?
CARattler40_CS: 'cause Boas suck.
CLASSY!!

Quote:
Another thing---if you guys haven't been in chat, I think it's a bit absurd that you're making judgement and generalizations about this. Come on into chat and see exactly what happens before coming to conclusions.
I've been in chat, I enjoy going into chat when my schedule allows, I love venting in chat, I love conversations in chat, I love the people in chat, I love the debates in chat . . . There is no way I can love nor defend the language and behavior that is displayed towards Non-CS members that are Off-topic. Srsly . . . Yes, it's High School.

D80

Old 09-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #26
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
For the record, this guy clearly started typing his nastyness BEFORE Joejr said "gtfo."
Hate to disagree, but for the record, this guy started his rant well after Joejr told him to gtfo. Unless you're saying Rich edited the chat log . . .

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=6

D80

Old 09-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #27
gwb8568
dayum.................i am not sure who to spread some reputation around to. this partly is the reason i haven't been to the chat room in the last month..........glad i missed last night. some people have good meat in their posts and also have some poo mixed in. i think if you could take every post and make a nice little potpourri of sentences then it would all fit. but that's just my $.02

Old 09-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #28
hana
I'm not really sure I grasp all this.. But let me give you my side of the story and how I feel about all this (since that's really all that matters anyway, right?).

A long, long time ago, a person popped up in chat and asked in a very juvenile way if anyone kept crested geckos. I said I did, and then was badgered for a solid hour about the most basic husbandry issues. I repeatedly told said person to read a few care sheets. That didn't work. More badgering. I told said person to leave me alone to no avail. So, I put the person on ignore.
Am I the only one who sees how this might cause the tempers otherwise mild mannered people to flair up? Perhaps I am, but to tell everyone they just have to get along because 'I said so', isn't going to work.
Now, I'm not saying we don't get out of hand from time to time, but you can only bat the fly away so many times before you want to slap it.

I don't use Fauna at all really, and the reason being is that the few threads that I've read make it seem like you need a special tattoo to be a part of that group, or maybe the only way in is to be born into it, I don't know. Perhaps it's the same way over here, maybe I just don't see it because I'm in the "clique".

Just my thoughts..

hana

Old 09-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #29
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
Hate to disagree, but for the record, this guy started his rant well after Joejr told him to gtfo. Unless you're saying Rich edited the chat log . . .

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=6

D80
Dude, you don't type a two line response in 5 seconds. He was typing that well before I started my gtfo. Too bad chat logs aren't slapped with a time stamp, because responses between that was very short.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #30
Taceas
I'm a bit disappointed in everyone based on replies of this thread, from Rich on down. Considering some of you are nightly members in chat night after night and are active participants in the group or "clique" you talk down upon now. A few of you I've seen actively participate in some of the mob mentality as it were, against those "poor hapless souls" seeking help for boas/pet rocks in a cornsnakes chat.

I would have thought Rich would have been able to to discern the problems from the people and set it straight. Considering the basis of the people on Cornsnakes, I would have to say that if its something truly bothering us we only then bother Rich with it. And generally I couldn't care two whips about what goes on, but after nearly two weeks it does get old and I e-mailed asking for help.

Here I thought it would be a quick fix, separate the cornsnake chat from the Fauna chats and it'd be 100% resolved. But before you same people say "I actually enjoy people wandering in to talk about other things..." most of us are also members on Fauna, so if I was really craving a talk about leopard geckos, I'd go over there and log onto chat. It works both ways.

It's not only Joe who's being, what was it, whiney? I have sent two mostly polite e-mails to Rich with chat logs asking for help on the matter. I wasn't demanding, I was curious as to anything that could be done to either separate CS chat into its own entity or tell the people who repeatedly make a mockery of themselves to stay away. I even apologized for sending him the chat logs, knowing he's busier than a one-armed paper-hanger these days, and I get back a rude reply. Maybe it was warranted, I'll never know.

I do know I don't like feeling I was a participant in a lynching because of some of the things that have recently gone down in chat, because its just not the case. It's not my job to accomdate every nitwit who wanders into chat because they were too lazy to do their own homework on their pets. It's not my job to accomdate less than polite people who act like 3 year olds demanding a candybar. Most of the time I politely tell them that they're not going to get much help in a cornsnake room and to go somewhere else that would be more beneficial. Other people may reply rudely, that's their choice. How it ends up is a totally different picture.

Agreeing with Joe for once, yes I'll note this in my diary, people are only seeing what they want to see here. People aren't seeing chat as it is day in and day out. They aren't seeing the commraderie and fun we have in there before the idiots from Fauna come over. They're only seeing members of CS chat being rude and offensive. That's their choice I guess.

For those of you saying that chat is a clique, but yet I never recall ever seeing you there, how can you know what something is unless you actively participate or even try to participate? Fact of the matter is, I have hardly any problems with cornsnake members, a few I don't care for and I actually leave chat until they do, but most people are made to feel welcome in chat. We're a group of people who spend time in there night after night, up till all hours of the night talking and enjoying each other's company. I never would have thought of that as a clique, especially when new people from fauna and CS come in and we engage them all the same. We don't say "no, you're not allowed because of such and such".

Why is it always the same people who say we're in a clique? Is it because those people once got a bunch of the older members upset because they acted like an idiot? I don't recall ever seeing you in chat but maybe once or twice Billybobob, and neither time you were there or immediately after you leaving did we say "teehee, he's the nutjob who thought he was god for the signature areas!1". If it was said, it must have been a weekend when I'm generally too busy enjoying my days off to chat.

The truth of the matter is, I'd say on any given night only 5% of the conversation is actually cornsnake related, so we're definitely not Cornsnake Nazi's. If it were anymore than that I'd get bored and leave. I deal with my cornsnakes every night of the week, I join chat to talk about other things and relax. I don't mind if people talk about boas and such, as long as its intelligent in nature. But I do mind when people come in (mostly from Fauna), and rudely take over a previous conversation we were having to ask questions that a Google-search or a caresheet could have answered better than people in a cornsnake room could.

If you can act like an adult and not demand we do anything for you, or act like a dick...you're going to be accepted into the "clique" regardless of whether you come from Fauna, CS, or the moon.

So before you cast your stones and make ass-umptions on here, please feel free to join chat and see what we're really like....away from the chat logs and clique-talk.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread