CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

CHAT room and donations ? ~~~~~:~

Old 02-02-2003, 07:12 PM   #1
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Question CHAT room and donations ? ~~~~~:~

tried the chat room, no one was there, I felt kinda lonely, is it like IM ing? Is it just a matter of warming up, should we use same user name? Also hows the donation going can people send checks vs charge cards? Do we get our user name in LAVENDER if we make a donation, is it uncool to ask the range that people are donating? I still like the idea like NPB does, make a big enough donation and get a t-shirt that says Proud Owner of Serpenco Corn Snake Sam ~~~~~:~

Old 02-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #2
Rich Z
Seems to be hit and miss with the chat room. Heck, I haven't had time to go there myself for quite a while now. If someone is interested in setting up an informal meeting time, maybe you could use the calendar on this site or post a message in whichever forum you would think best suited for what you want to discuss.

I need to put a donation button right on the screen somewhere. It's just not been real high on the priority list, which is probably kind of stupid of me, but heck, what can I say?

I think there is a mod that I can implement that will highlight people placing donations, but I'll have to look into it. As for the tee shirt thing, man that's a pretty tall order with everything else I have happening. Sorry.

I believe I displayed the amount of money donators have given, so you can pretty much judge from there the range I have received.

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2003, 11:53 PM   #3
Susan
chat room

I "set up" a chat room date on the calendar for the 2nd, but only a few people showed, and I don't think any were regulars of this forum. Maybe I picked a bad day and time. If someone else wants to give it a try, I'll do my best to be there. Maybe a Friday or Saturday evening would be better. Any takers? It's real easy to set it up on the calendar.

Old 02-17-2003, 06:00 PM   #4
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Rich It's me again ~~~~~~:~

RICH... Ok I want to send my donation by mail ...is that ok? You know for the being a member and wanting to support the site.

Also I tried to get on the chat room but I guess you have to have outlook express...which I HATE. It always sucks up my other mail and makes my life crazy.

AND I hear your out of babies Can we place orders for this upcoming season? Or what about bribs for any one of those keepers that might have been on the fence? You know... what I mean ...~~~~~:~

I never meant that YOU did the t-shirts, I was thinking more of a team thing. How in all saints day would you have time to mess around with t-shirts! ? BUT I still like the idea of doners having their user name in Lavendar... everyone will want the vip treatment.

Old 02-17-2003, 09:33 PM   #5
Rich Z
Quote:
RICH... Ok I want to send my donation by mail ...is that ok? You know for the being a member and wanting to support the site.
Sure! Several people have donated that way.

Quote:
Also I tried to get on the chat room but I guess you have to have outlook express...which I HATE. It always sucks up my other mail and makes my life crazy.
??? You don't access the chat site through your mail reader. You use your browser. As long as your browser can do java scripts (so far, WEBTV is the only one I know of that CAN't), you should be able to use the chat rooms.

You should just be able to go there by clicking this link: HerpChat Chat Board

Quote:
AND I hear your out of babies Can we place orders for this upcoming season? Or what about bribs for any one of those keepers that might have been on the fence? You know... what I mean ...~~~~~:~
Who in the world told you THAT? No I am not out of 2002 animals. I am out of some of them, and getting low on others, but my current price list shows color coding to give you a rough idea of what I still have available.

Quote:
I never meant that YOU did the t-shirts, I was thinking more of a team thing. How in all saints day would you have time to mess around with t-shirts! ? BUT I still like the idea of doners having their user name in Lavendar... everyone will want the vip treatment.
No, this isn't real high on my priority list. Every morning for the last month, I have thought I will be starting on my taxes, but have yet to even touch that stuff. Truth of the matter is, when I go to bed each night, my last thought for the night is "Whew! I don't have to do ANYTHING for several hours now...."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google