CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

!#$% MY NEW "BM" GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
TonySr
!#$% MY NEW "BM" GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new butter motley has got out. I don't know how. I have made a search there is ssooooooooooooo much he could have gotten into. Hoping he didn't get down to basement. Please give your Tips and Tricks.
I know its going to take time, patience, diligence and some luck.
Hope I find the little guy, don't want a bad out come.
I fed Harry (Houdini) when I got him was told he just shed. Don't know if he'll be hungry.
Feel really bad right now. It's the start of the week, back to the old grind time is at a premium. But Spring Cleaning has come early.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
tom e
Best advice I can give you is to tear the immediate (near the cage) area apart. Look for 'warm' spots like near a TV or computer, refridgerator, next to window or heater vent, etc.
Also most importantly, use this time to correct whatever was wrong with your caging. If you do ever find him again, he will get out right away now because he will remember how he did it before.

What kind of closure do you have on the caging? What size holes? Are you just 'weighing down' a lid, or do you have an actual closing lid?

Old 10-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
susang
Oh Tony so sorry. Ditto with Tom, look in warm places stacks of blanket, towels, drawers with clothes. He will look for someplace warm and cozy. I think you said you have a cat watch the cat, I've had three escapes in four years two of those times my cat alerted me to the location of the snake. good luck, susang

Old 10-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
Jessicat
I agree with Susan. Your cat will always find your lost snake before you do. This means keep a VERY close eye on your cat. It's great when your cat alerts you to a lost snake. It's not great to find a decapitated snake in your hallway floor.
I have never personally tried this, but I think the second most effective way to find a lost snake is the 'ol pinkie in a pop bottle trick. Do a search or get Kathy Love's corn snake manual.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
TonySr
FOUND HIM FOUND HIM FOUND HIM-------IN MY SON'S ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
TonySr
It must be the luck of the Irish (I'm actually Polish by desent). Ihate when things like that happen but very glad for the happy ending. He seems ok. I have Mel in a 29gal with a screen hood clipped down. I had made some extra clips at work, so with a little re-bending they fit the slide screen on Harry's cage well, no movement at all now. That was the only thing I could figure out happened. Everyone says it dosen't take a very big opening. Got to get off to work a little behind now.
Thanks everyone!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 03:13 PM   #7
Nanci
Glad to hear he's back.

Nanci

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google