CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Plans for Next Year

Old 11-14-2004, 01:50 PM   #1
Sasheena
Plans for Next Year

Thought I would share my plans for next year.

At this point in time I have the following cornsnakes:

Rootbeer Corn (Emoryi influence) het creamsicle male age unknown guess: 5+ years
Creamsicle Corn female age unknown guess 3 or more years old.

'02 Stripe Normal male het anery het amel
'02 Stripe Anery not het (that I know of) female
'02 Normal Het Motley, Anery, Amel female
'03 Snow Motley het Hypo male
'03 Anery het Hypo, Motley, Amel, Anery
'03 Anery male (probably will sell him)

I plan on breeding all but the two '03 Aneries

My thoughts are: Rootbeer x Creamsicle... I should get 50% Creamsicle, 50% Rootbeers.

Stripe x Stripe ... I should be able to prove if she is het anything... Last time she only had 5 eggs, and those were all normals.... SO, I might choose to breed her to the snow motley instead...

So If I breed her to the snow motley, I should get 100% anery stripe/motley IF she is not het for amel, or hypo.

(decisions decisions)

And I'll cross my Normal het amel, anery, motley to my snow motley, I should get Normals, Motleys, Amel Normals, Amel Motleys, Anery Normals, Anery Motleys, Snows, and Snow Motleys.... and both might be het hypo too... which would really increase the number of possibilities!

That will result in 3 clutches. That's the same I had this year. I'm actually inclined, now that I think about it, to leave the male stripe out of the loop this coming year, since he fathered three clutches last season and all three clutches were deformed. Perhaps with my unproven snow motley male, and my proven breeding pair of creamsicle/rootbeer, I'll get lucky this coming year.

SO... what are YOUR plans for next year?

Old 11-14-2004, 04:27 PM   #2
Jimmy Johnson
well

Nothing very spectacular but let's see...

male ghost het amel with female Snow: results should be approximately 50% snow het hypo and 50% anery het amel het hypo

Male cinnamon with female cinnamon (cinnamon= hypo guttata/emoryi)
This will produce Cinnamons.
There is a possibility they are both het amel (cream)
If both are het amel (cream) then results....
50% hypo (cinnamon) het amel (cream)
25% sunglow creamsicles
25% hypo (cinnamon)

male stripe creamsicle to female creamsicle: results..100% creamsicles het stripe

Male Creamsicle to female creamsicle: results....100% creamsicles

male ghost het amel to female amel: results...50% amel het ghost, 50% normal het snow het hypo

undecided on this last pair
male okeetee to female normal....They should produce some very nice normals.
Next year I will be able to breed the male okeetee to a female okeetee

Old 11-14-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
Shep151
My "special" plans...

Don't seem to be terribly special, so I'll share:

Male X Female:
Pewter X Amel Stripe= Big mess of hets
Lavender het Opal X Amel Stripe= Small mess of hets and Small mess of Amel hets
BloodRed het Hypo X Hypo het SQG= Hypos het BR and het Hypo BR's
Amel Milk Phase X Okeetee het Amel and Hypo= Hatchlings that I just adore! Since they turned out so nice this year, I'm doing it again. These are my female keepers out of this pairing. I think one could possibly be considered an Okeetee Milk Phase! I also kept an Amel that is an awesome Milk Phase.
I should also have butters, butter motleys, pewters, charcoals, anerys, amels, amel motleys, opals, lavenders, and hopefully some ghosts.

Old 11-15-2004, 01:49 AM   #4
chausies
hoping

I have not decided for sure if I will breed her yet, she is PROBABLY big enough (still need to weigh her in) and will put on more size in the coming months.... I have a normal motley (nice markings and rich red color) - no known hets - and I would like to cross her with my hypo striped male (poss het lav). They will probably be all normal mots and striped mots, but the variation in markings should be pretty, and they will all be het hypo.

charlene

Old 11-15-2004, 07:30 AM   #5
Amanda E
Well, so far these are my plans:

Hypo Het Caramel x Het Hypo Het Caramel (same pairing I did this year; I'm hoping for more FEMALE Caramels and Ambers as I'm pretty sure all of those I got this year are male.)

Bloodred x Bloodred (one's a stunner the other one not so much; I'm hoping I can get a few females that will look like the dad)

Hypo Snow x Ghost poss Het Amel (I want to try to prove the Ghost out as Het Amel, besides I'd love to make my own Hypo Snows, so even if I don't get any next year, 2 years later I should get some.)

That's it.

This makes me realize what I'm still missing in my collection:
I need to get a female lavendar to match with my male bloodred and some motleys to mix with my Caramels and Ambers.

Old 11-15-2004, 09:23 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
let's see...I'll have going on...

male x female
amel h. caramel anery x h. amel anery caramel p.h. motley
(should produce normals, amels, anerys, snows, caramels and butters)

(I have 2 multi het females, so he gets both this season)

Old 11-15-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
ghosthousecorns
My plans are very modest this year since none of my new snakes that are hypos/ghosts/motleys is old enough to breed yet. For the third time I will breed my normal het snow male with my zig zag snow female. I got him another snow girlfriend this year so, two batches of normal/amel/anery/snow, some'll be zig zags. The other female I have is hypo het ghost (my avatar) so if I breed that male with her I will get normal het hypos poss het anery & amel, and anery's het hypo poss het amel. Or if I breed her with my amel zz het anery male it'll be normals het hypo poss anery and anery's het hypo but these'd be definitely het amel instead of possibly. I haven't decided which of the two males to breed her to yet. Good luck to everyone breeding in the next season!

Old 11-15-2004, 05:55 PM   #8
princess
Little over here too

Amel 0.1 het caramel x Snow 1.0 will result in - Amels het for Anery and 50% het for caramel.

I'll keep 1.1 or 0.1 of the offspring and sell the rest to pay for some other colour morph. I have 4 little 2004 0.1's who I plan to breed with in 2006 but just one big girl for next year. I figure it's good to start small and pay close attention to what goes on with one clutch.

(OT) I'm part of a cornsnake forum through yahoo groups and there's a newbie there who'se just picked up trios in 9 morphs....so she has 27 little mouths to feed and 27 little bums to clean up after and then she want's to breed them all at once in 2006. ...and she's new to snakes!!! mad-woman I say!! ...my two cents!

Old 11-15-2004, 09:07 PM   #9
cornsnake234
This year i will breed my hypo male to my anery female.... according to the progency predictor: 100% normal het anery het hypo.... but, maybe i will have some surprises since i don't know what their parents were. I hope!!

My female amel stripped is too young and too small to breed this year so i will wait an extra year and breed her with my hypo in 2006!! maybe some surprises there too!!

I also plan to keep some of my baby het anery het hypo, to breed them with my female stripped amel. I love snows!!! maybe i will get some!

But, this is only PLANS.... maybe they won't breed, or... the eggs won't hatch... etc...

Old 11-15-2004, 09:22 PM   #10
Jynx
this year....I'm haven't decided 100% what crosses I'm going to do, but I know there won't be that many. Here's what I've decided on so far:

1.0 Lav het hypo, amel X 0.1 Snow het lav
1.0 Hypo lav het amel X 0.1 Hypo lav het amel
1.0 snow X 0.1 candycane amel het anery
1.0 normal het hypo, anery amel X 0.1 hypo het anery
1.0 "" X 0.1 amel het anery a & b, hypo
1.0 "" X 0.1 Anery het ????
1.0 snow pink and green X 0.1 Snow pink and green
1.0 hypo het carmel X 0.1 butter het hypo
1.0 Lav X 0.2 Lav
1.0 Sunglow motley X 0.1 Sunglow het motley
1.0 opal X 0.2 opal
1.0 charcoal motley het hypo X 0.1 charcoal ghost
1.0 Jungle corn X 0.1 amel jungle corn and 0.1 amel corn
1.0 amel bloodred X 0.1 hypo bloodred
1.0 pewter het hypo X 0.1 charcoal het hypo
1.0 hypo motley X 0.1 hypo stripe

These are about 60% mine, and 40% my partners. I've been having a rough time with some living arrangements and because of that, I've had to let alot of my stock go, so unfotunately thats all I'll have breeding this year. I should have a house by feb and hopefully by next year, I'll double it. I'm hoping that crossing some bloodlines with my partner will help deepen the gentic pool we have to work with though, so it shouldn't be too bad of a year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google