CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

!!Rattlesnake on craigs list will be set on fire at noon!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Ploki
Thanks every one for your concern. Someone on another forum said they set up a meeting with the guy from the ad. They will probably take it and release it back into the wild. I will let you know what I hear. Thanks again.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #12
StormRose
They should consider reporting it to the authorities as well.

What's going to happen when another snake shows up in his yard? We'll be doing this dance all over again. He needs to learn that there are more reasonable and responsible ways to deal with problem animals.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #13
RavenSpirit360
What an idiot..!! There are other ways to deal with an issue like this, but setting a living thing on fire.. God I HATE people!!!!

I hope that the efforts to save this snake work out.. And I hope this person gets some kind of punishment..

Old 05-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #14
Chip
This has got to be a joke!

Old 05-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #15
LBoz
That's what I'm hoping, too, Chip.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
RavenSpirit360
I had that thought in my mind too that it could be a joke, people on craigslist are notorious for that. BUT there are people out there that WILL do this kinda crap..
Im sorry, I hate humans.. I am Anti-human.. I refuse to associate myself with the majority of the human race You guys are cool though... Well, most of you

Old 05-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #17
MinLynn
I'm thinking this may have been this guy's way of getting a reaction quickly. Kind of like all the threads with "This dog will die tomorrow morning if you don't come get it NOW" threads on craigslist. It gets a reaction very quickly. I could be wrong,though, and he may have really planned on setting it on fire. That's just the gut feeling I got when I read it.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
Buzzard
I contacted a friend from the FWC he said he would get it to the right person... I also contacted my buddy John to look at the ad he deals with venomous reptiles...

Old 05-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #19
Chip
I tried online dating a few years ago and it was pretty stale at first. So I posted a picture of me holding a puppy and changed my headline to "Date me or this puppy dies" and I immediately got more dates than Sinatra. True story.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #20
tom e
I saw an ad once for a wild caught gopher snake here in my town. I dropped the guy an email to let him know it wasn't legal to sell California wildlife. He said it had just gotten too big and he had to get rid of it. I offered the obvious, let it go where you found it. His response, it's too big and I have cats and kids around here. I'd have to kill it if I don't sell it.
I guess people use that quite a bit on CL? I just forwarded his ad to DFG.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google