CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

!!Rattlesnake on craigs list will be set on fire at noon!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
Michael823
Yeah, that's awful and lazy. How hard is it to find a nice spot away from your home to relocate the snake, People make me sick sometimes. I can understand not wanting a large or venomous snake on your property, but there's people who will do the work of relocating it for you.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #22
RobbiesCornField
I wish I would have seen that earlier! I would've gone to get him. I know a few places away from people where I could've released him... After a photoshoot, of course.

EDIT: I sent him an e-mail anyways, since I'm going to be in that area tomorrow. If he still has it, I'm going to get some pictures, and then release him.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #23
usmcbecker
For what its worth, I took the liberty to contact this guy to tell him how I felt about his post. As most as you can tell I was a Marine and many of my friends have come back from Iraq and Afghanistan that had been burned when they get trapped inside of their transport vehicle. All I got to say is "What the hell is this guy thinking?"

Old 05-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
RobbiesCornField
I got an e-mail from the guy about 10 minutes ago (he sent it about an hour ago or so) asking if I could still come get him. I told him to send me his address. Just waiting on that before I go rescue the little booger.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #25
PJ@PJCReptiles
Robbie...You are a man after my own heart...I would consider finding a way to get that snake and release it myself if I was in the area! Save that poor helpless venomous snake from the insane actions of a human being!!!!

Of course, a photo session is in need! BUT your safety comes first...DO YOU HEAR ME??? Be safe and keep us updated.

Nice "save" so to speak OP. It is pretty bad when we curse Craigs List so we can rescue animals. If he said he were going to burn a dog or a cat, I am sure he would have had his arss kicked! And fined on top of that. But it is just a wild, dangerous snake so who cares....what a way to think!!

PJ

Old 05-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #26
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ@PJCReptiles View Post
Robbie...You are man after my own heart...I would consider finding a way to get that snake and release it myself if I was in the area! Save that poor helpless venomous snake from the insane actions of a human being!!!!

Of course, a photo session is in need! BUT your safety comes first...DO YOU HEAR ME??? Be safe and keep us updated.

Nice "save" so to speak OP. It is pretty bad when we curse Craigs List so we can rescue animals. If you said you were going to burn a dog or a cat, I am sure he would have had his arss kicked! And fined on top of that.

PJ
Oh of course I'll be safe!! If he does e-mail me back, my snake bite kit is going with me, as well as my super thick wussy gloves, hook, and engineer boots (I can't even puncture them with a nail).

Old 05-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #27
PJ@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Oh of course I'll be safe!! If he does e-mail me back, my snake bite kit is going with me, as well as my super thick wussy gloves, hook, and engineer boots (I can't even puncture them with a nail).
I was hoping you would reply like you did! Just couldnt see here in Maine knowing you were in Florida all sick and such from a bite! Heck, I dont have a bite kit, should I have one? LOL I do have my medical box though and some gloves. You be a wussy and use them gloves!! Good luck!

PJ

Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #28
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
I was hoping you would reply like you did! Just couldnt see here in Maine knowing you were in Florida all sick and such from a bite! Heck, I dont have a bite kit, should I have one? LOL I do have my medical box though and some gloves. You be a wussy and use them gloves!! Good luck!

PJ

I actually got all the stuff when I was going to go relocate some rattlesnakes for a friend of mine back in Colorado. Never got a chance to use it, though. Made me so sad...
(I'm still waiting for a reply... I hope it's soon!)

Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #29
starsevol
I second PJ!
Be careful, Robbie!
(We likes ya!)

Old 05-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #30
tricksterpup
Quote:

PJ
lol I wouldnt worry about Robbie down there if he does get bitten, Florida is one of the few states that isn't lacking in anti venom.

A nice 5 gallon bucket with a lid or a Garbage can would be perfect transporting containers. I am still curious why the guy didn't just call animal control? There would have been no muss or fuss and they would have picked it up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google