• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Talk to you snakes?

Do you talk to your Snakes

• Yes all the time

Votes: 111 64.5%
  • Have on occasion caught myself talking to them

Votes: 40 23.3%
  • No, never

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Yes, have even lied to them

Votes: 14 8.1%

• Total voters
yeah i talk to my snakes, i dont have full conversations with them but sometimes when i go to pick up Blaze and he's rattling his tail, i'll talk to him softly like "it's ok, good boy" and he calms down.
i talk to all my animals but i dont expect them to talk back like Dr. Doolittle or something.

whenever i open up his tank to get him out, i always tell him hello, usually "hey buddy how you doing?"

i've handled him almost every day since I got him a month ago, and I must say he has really warmed up to me

Talking??? That's an understatement

Yes my wife and I talk to our snakes all the time. I'm not sure, but I think they may even notice when I talk cause they seem to come out of hiding and so on. It's like they can tell my tone through vibrations or something, but I doubt it. (wishful thinking I guess.) I thought I was bad, my wife PJ is even worse. She talks to them in her little baby voice. You would think she was talking to one of our children. All in all I think it just comes with keeping snakes. It adds to the experience.
Jay & PJ
~*PJCReptiles*~

5.6 Corn Snakes, 0.1 Red-Tail Boa, 2.2 Ball Pythons, 1.0 White Oak Gray Rat Snake, 2.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.2 Pet Rats (conflict of interests), 2.1 Cats, 2.3 Kids!!! :crazy02: Anyone got a timeshare we could use for a week?...lol

Oh man I talk to all of my pets! Mostly my snake though...I guess that it brings me closer to the animal..lol..and he is just silly...I just got him so I could be lieing to him when I call him a he :grin01:

Gintha said:
I talk to them allllll the time! Had to check that I even lied to them tho... since I told Treasure he was girl for 9 months... oops.... even called him my little princess a couple times LOL Poor fella... gunna have a complex! Then again... I talk to my cats, and my ferret, and my parrot, and my dog... and the family fish too LOL Maybe I need to get out more? Nah... cold outside.. and no snakies!
:laugh01:
Me too, I talk to my two cats, luckily they are not too confused as it is in human languages and cat miaows too. My husband and I even make them talk, well, we look at them and say what they could be thinking depending on their expressions, so funny and amusing to do... The fish (7) are only getting English babble... And my sweet little Freya is getting mainly English but I am teaching her French :rolleyes:

Back