CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Update on Lump in corn's belly

Old 02-02-2003, 12:37 AM   #1
13mur 6
Update on Lump in corn's belly

Hey everyone,

Guess what, today has been 5 days since a dose of flagyl and 3 days since a dose of panacur, and also 3 days since my snake's last meal, and she looked really meanly constipapted (the base of her vent was 3 times wider than the base of her tail). So I gave her a warm water soak and in all of 2 minutes she took one hella narly poop. I also noticed she felt more muscular, more slender, and she clung to my arm more instead of just kinda droping herself on me. The lump is no where to be seen. The poop itself had a hella lot of white pasty stuff (the urea part), and some dark spots, and a little yellow to it. After her poop she seemed pretty playful and she proceeded to poke and prod at my girl friend's wool-knit sweater with her snout and she seemed not to give a half inch of a anole's tail whether I moved swiftly or held her tail to take a look at her vent. Other than the fact that I wasted an awesome fecal sample, I think my snake's pretty happy. Will update once I get a fresh fecal run off to the vet. Thanks to everyone who's helped me on this.

-13mur 6

Old 02-02-2003, 08:43 AM   #2
CornCrazy
I am thrilled...

to hear that she is doing well. I hope it was simply because she was constipated! That will makes things much easier! The twisted gut thing was scary.

Old 02-04-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
mariska
constipated

i sure hope that solves the problem!! lets hope she poops the next time without a warm bath or you stimulating it...and if not...she sure seems to feel a lot better now..
so if thats whan needed...go fot it!!
but there is still a but...are you sure it was mostly white??urine??because then it seems to me (and who am I huh) that something is blocking err the way out..she is released of most of it right now and thats good...but next time you might want to concider a vet to see whats blocking...
oh and this is not to worry you...
maris

Old 02-04-2003, 07:21 PM   #4
Iris
Hopefully that's the end of the problem. I'm glad!
Also, happy bday l3mur!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google