CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)

Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #51
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares2010 View Post
THANK YOU! She needs it in her tank everyday.. with FRESH AND CLEAN water daily.

I don't know New York.. but I live down here in the South. I don't have my heating pad on in my corns tanks unless they are digesting.. I keep my home cooler than 80 F in the Summer.. but have the tank heating pads on and not let my house get cooler than 60 F in the winter.

Trying to get the temps right and knowing when they need heat at all can be a balancing act.. it comes with experience and knowing what your corn is happiest (as much as you can tell by behavior) at.

All we are asking is to lower the temp where at the hottest it's not over 85 F. They can burn themselves easily when burrowing and lying on the hot glass. And corns love to burrow.

As for her vent injury.. I am not sure what to advise about that... I will let the more experienced breeders or members here have a say on that one.
Okay 85f it is then, and really you have no idea what its like trying to find a herp vet out here.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #52
neiman07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceduke View Post
For dealing with the swollen vent, soaking the vent area in a cool bowl of sugar water can help bring down the swelling.

interesting i didnt know this one! hope i never have to deal with this issue but at least i will know now

Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #53
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto View Post
So are you telling me that snakes can have heat strokes? I was not grabbing her and forcing it down her throat i was simply put it in her face trying to get her to eat it. She was dead i tell you, not breathing or anything!

My temps are correct, i even have a thermostat.
1- Yes, snakes can suffer from heat stroke and dehydration. ANY animal can.

2- I don't care that you weren't force feeding her. Putting it in her face was SCARING her, as evidenced by the backing away.

3- Snakes can hold their breath for very very long periods of time. She. Was. Not. Dead.

4- No, your temps are not correct. You've admitted your warm side is too hot (90 degrees) and the fact that your snake is drinking a very great deal also shows that the temps are too high.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #54
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Ounce? What does a measure of weight have to do with anything?
I AM scared for the well being of your snake.
Her temps are way too high, you are scaring the daylights out of her at feeding time, and now she is hurt because of something you did.....to top it all off you can't get her medical care on your own.
Dude really? I'm freaking replying to about 10 people at a time, a few mistakes are bound to happen..

Old 06-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #55
starsevol
Quote:
She cannot regurge if she is not eating 0_o.........
I'm not talking about HER specifically. I am talking about cornsnakes IN GENERAL.

What is the worst thing that can happen to a cornsnake (any cornsnake) if kept too cool.
And what is the worst thing that can happen to a cornsnake (any cornsnake) if kept too hot.
Capeche???

Old 06-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #56
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
1- Yes, snakes can suffer from heat stroke and dehydration. ANY animal can.

2- I don't care that you weren't force feeding her. Putting it in her face was SCARING her, as evidenced by the backing away.

3- Snakes can hold their breath for very very long periods of time. She. Was. Not. Dead.

4- No, your temps are not correct. You've admitted your warm side is too hot (90 degrees) and the fact that your snake is drinking a very great deal also shows that the temps are too high.

Insane, i never knew that! We'll thanks for that, your so brilliant.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #57
ceduke
Quote:
She cannot regurge if she is not eating 0_o.........
Regardless, it is safer for the animal if they are too cool than too warm. Too warm is VERY dangerous, too cool is still not good, but less dangerous than cooking her.

I lived in an area last year where it was 105 every day and it was not standard practice to have air conditioning in houses. I removed all heat from my animals, moved them into a walk in closet, and bought a swamp cooler to keep them from overheating and dehydrating.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #58
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceduke View Post
For dealing with the swollen vent, soaking the vent area in a cool bowl of sugar water can help bring down the swelling.
Sugar? Care to go into a little more detail pal?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #59
naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
I'm not talking about HER specifically. I am talking about cornsnakes IN GENERAL.

What is the worst thing that can happen to a cornsnake (any cornsnake) if kept too cool.
And what is the worst thing that can happen to a cornsnake (any cornsnake) if kept too hot.
Capeche???
I know that can happen, but this thread is about HER not every corn snake in the world, which is why i said SHE is not eating, so lets take the regurge thing out of this topic...

GOT IT?

Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #60
starsevol
Quote:
Insane, i never knew that! We'll thanks for that, your so brilliant.
It is obvious you did not know that. And I am not being sarcastic....

(And it's "you're" as in "you are" not your, which would mean that something that belongs to her is brilliant but the sentence ends before you say what it is)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google