• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Don Soderberg's Palmetto

I'm quite envious of anybody who has $4000 to invest in a snake, that's about how much I have had to spend on health issues this year and believe me I would have rather been able to get a Palmetto with that chunk of change.
I like them but I am not sure there is that much you can do with them, combo-wise, other than change the color of the spots or background. Still it will be interesting to see when people are finally able to get them and work them into their projects.

I'm quite envious of anybody who has $4000 to invest in a snake, that's about how much I have had to spend on health issues this year and believe me I would have rather been able to get a Palmetto with that chunk of change.
I like them but I am not sure there is that much you can do with them, combo-wise, other than change the color of the spots or background. Still it will be interesting to see when people are finally able to get them and work them into their projects.

Trust me, I am, usually, not in a position of being able to spend that much on a snake (usually, even an 8th of the price, of a Palmetto, is a pretty good stretch). Just had a fortunate event happen, this year, that allowed me to do so. Soon enough, I will be back to the "good ol' semi-poverty" level of, basically, "middle class".

Yep, am not sure if there is much more that can be done, with the Palmetto morph, but ... it will be interesting to see... and, am sure, will be exciting if it occurs. However, I will not be heart broken if nothing else can be done.

Edit: BTW I understand that you meant "in general" (as far as who) but just figured I'd say that I am, usually, in the same shoes as most everyone else ... so, I can relate.

I did (pre-paid).
Due to being a Palmetto ... and the <gulp!> price (lol), .... she will, most assuredly, be treated like a Queen around here!;)

Wow Pasodama... I think your the first person to tell the world youve ordered one...!!!!
How jealous am i... Errrr very (in a happy for you way)
Congrats !!!

Psaodama, I am envious... I'm gonna see what I can do, because I really want to get into the Palmetto corns.

Wow Pasodama... I think your the first person to tell the world youve ordered one...!!!!
How jealous am i... Errrr very (in a happy for you way)
Congrats !!!

Thanks.:)
I really was not going to say anything until, maybe, next year (if/when I shared pics).
Aside from my hubby, and only one other person (besides Don, of course ;) ), nobody knew. I guess that, now, anybody, who reads this, knows too.LoL

I want one so bad. I am envious. Maybe I can convince my grandmother to buy me one for Christmas. :D Such an amazing snake... Early congrats Pasodama!

Trust me, I am, usually, not in a position of being able to spend that much on a snake (usually, even an 8th of the price, of a Palmetto, is a pretty good stretch). Just had a fortunate event happen, this year, that allowed me to do so. Soon enough, I will be back to the "good ol' semi-poverty" level of, basically, "middle class".

Yep, am not sure if there is much more that can be done, with the Palmetto morph, but ... it will be interesting to see... and, am sure, will be exciting if it occurs. However, I will not be heart broken if nothing else can be done.

Edit: BTW I understand that you meant "in general" (as far as who) but just figured I'd say that I am, usually, in the same shoes as most everyone else ... so, I can relate.

I did mean in general, but if I can't have one I am glad you can! Congrats. I hope you will be posting lots of pics when you get her.

Pasodama> I bet you are ready for it to be 2012 already! that's awesome you're getting one,they are beautiful...I think I would have it in a viv inside another viv just in case it escapes from the first one! LOL :)

Ahhh... Another one announces his purchase! Maybe I'll take out a title loan on my car! :rofl: Good idea with the double viv!

Thanks, everyone, for the early congrats.:)

I did mean in general, but if I can't have one I am glad you can! Congrats. I hope you will be posting lots of pics when you get her.

Thanks Jen.:)
I will be sure to post pics. Might even make a progression thread.

Pasodama> I bet you are ready for it to be 2012 already!

Oh yes! I am so looking forward to 2012.:)
Told my hubby that she will have to have the very best of the best and, of course, taking the greatest care against any possible escape.

Luckily, escapes are exceptionally rare here. Have only lost two snakes, out of hundreds, in the years that I have had them. Both were babies at the time. One was years ago, from a tank (someone forgot to latch it), and another had jumped out of a guest's hand and, immediately, zipped right under perhaps the only crack, of a floorboard, at that location.
Having said that, I am "knocking on wood".;) LoL

the numbers are so limited I jumped at the chance to get mine

Another person who is getting one...That is awesome! An early congrats to you too!:)

This is one of those morphs that I can literally stare at for awhile...and be content. This is on my list of high end snakes that I would like to own one day.

I did (pre-paid).
Due to being a Palmetto ... and the <gulp!> price (lol), .... she will, most assuredly, be treated like a Queen around here!;)

That's great that you will be getting a Palmetto!......congrats!

Jim Godfrey was telling me how nervous he was keeping the male at his house and breeding it to some of the females there at his place before it was shipped to Don............"just in case" something happened to it between there and Don's place in flight transit..LOL!

Can you imagine the thing getting loose there, never to be seen again????

I knew Jim was probably putting a 5 foot tall stack of books on each corner of a treasure chest type enclosure with a padlock on the front the size of a softball for extra measure..HAHAHAA!!!

~Doug

That's great that you will be getting a Palmetto!......congrats!

Jim Godfrey was telling me how nervous he was keeping the male at his house and breeding it to some of the females there at his place before it was shipped to Don............"just in case" something happened to it between there and Don's place in flight transit..LOL!

Can you imagine the thing getting loose there, never to be seen again????

I knew Jim was probably putting a 5 foot tall stack of books on each corner of a treasure chest type enclosure with a padlock on the front the size of a softball for extra measure..HAHAHAA!!!

~Doug

I can imagine how Jim felt, just a little. How do you think Heart Attack got his name? Because Carol had a heart attack shipping him and I had a heart attack waiting for him to get here! He's nearly 200 grams and I _just_ took the cardboard tightener out from under his bin last week! And he's a "manmade" morph...

I can imagine how Jim felt, just a little. How do you think Heart Attack got his name? Because Carol had a heart attack shipping him and I had a heart attack waiting for him to get here! He's nearly 200 grams and I _just_ took the cardboard tightener out from under his bin last week! And he's a "manmade" morph...

LOL!!,.........Yeah Nanci, I can just imagine the extra-protective/security scenario there...HAHA!!

~Doug

Is there pet insurance for snakes???????? If not there should be!

Devon

No, it's virtually impossible to insure the actual cost of an expensive snake during shipment. However, for a small additional fee, "Ship Your Reptiles" does offer guaranteed live arrival of a snake that is shipped through their service.

But I don't see them realistically reimbursing the real worth, or actual cost of a multi-thousand dollar on-of-a-kind snake such as the original Palmetto if something went wrong. I am sure they cover there asses real well in the "fine-print" of the agreement somewhere for those occasions.

Same with insuring a huge collection such as Pro Exotics had when 3,000 snakes died in the horrible fire at their facility just recently. I am sure they got some insurance coverage for the hard goods that were lost, like the 20,000 temp guns, and other goods/accessories, but no doubt they took a HUGE loss on the animals themselves.

Now if Don actually did somehow get the original male Palmetto custom-insured for that particular shipment, I am sure he paid DEARLY for it to be covered (if at all).

~Doug

And it's not like money could replace The Palmetto, anyway, just reimburse Don for the cost of the snake.

Back