CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Testing for Stargazing

Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #81
Nanci
Okay, you could say they had a 99% chance of being gazer-free, though...

Old 05-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #82
Shiari
But you can get up to a 98 or 99% status for being clear of the gene which will help reduce the numbers of animals present in the population.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #83
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Okay, you could say they had a 99% chance of being gazer-free, though...
True.

Any testing at least helps lower the percentage that it might have gazer hanging around. I'd rather buy at 80% chance non-gazer than one that has had no background testing.

Again though, it's all on people's word, which sucks. Shame het gazers can't have purple tongues or something.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #84
JoannaD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
True.

Any testing at least helps lower the percentage that it might have gazer hanging around. I'd rather buy at 80% chance non-gazer than one that has had no background testing.

Again though, it's all on people's word, which sucks. Shame het gazers can't have purple tongues or something.
Bright green or orange might be easier to see for some of us old folks!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #85
stephen
well

If Stargazing acts as a simple recessive trait ,how are the breedings from a Homo Stargazer x Possible Het breeding and no stargazing babys hatch, no matter the size of the clutch prove that Possible animal still isnt het for the Stargazing trait?

Old 05-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #86
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen View Post
If Stargazing acts as a simple recessive trait ,how are the breedings from a Homo Stargazer x Possible Het breeding and no stargazing babys hatch, no matter the size of the clutch prove that Possible animal still isnt het for the Stargazing trait?
BINGO!!!!!!!!
Throw that man a kewpie doll!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #87
chris68
Same with Homo. X proven het. You could do this cross like this for years and not get homozygous results, let alone testing against poss hets.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #88
nmoore601
Well if you could predict what an actual outcome of exactly what hatches from a clutch you would be special but your not.

The thread doesn't state you will get your target on the first try. Stephen do not come at me like I am an idiot. I understand genetics, outcomes, etc... Read and quit saying you can't do this or that. If you cared and tried maybe you would be successful at something one day.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #89
nmoore601
Matter of fact you do what it is you do figure out Stephen and inform us since you are lackadaisical.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #90
nmoore601
Excuse my misspelled words. I keep fat fingering my I phone.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google