CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

BABY corn snake hasn't eaten one meal yet and is 3 months old - GREEN poo

Old 03-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
diamond2906
sorry place the tub side with the pinkie over the heat mat* sorry about that

Old 03-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #12
disgurlchar
Thanks diamond for your input. I havnt tried that no. The tub I have him/her in at the moment isnt that big so im sure she can easily smell the pinkie (as we half it down the middle so insides show) but its another idea I can try. I have some small tubs I can turn upside and put some holes it and I will put pinkie on hot side like you recommended but after 3 months of not even being interested I am very doubtful

Old 03-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
gsdbecca
It's not about the tub being small enough for her to smell it. It's about being small enough that she feels safe. I've read on this cite that it is best that the baby be able to feel the sides of the container.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #14
disgurlchar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdbecca View Post
It's not about the tub being small enough for her to smell it. It's about being small enough that she feels safe. I've read on this cite that it is best that the baby be able to feel the sides of the container.
Ahhh yeah I have read that somewhere too, now you mention it it does seem logical. Thanks for your advice

Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
disgurlchar
This is for Diamondlil who asked to see a picture of our Rosie.

Name:  Rosie 1.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  210.2 KB

Name:  Rosie2.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  240.1 KB

As you can see in one of the pics - her tail is very withered.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
disgurlchar
Oh my - apologies for MASSIVE pics.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #17
diamondlil
She looks to still have more muscle mass than Skooge (the non-feeder I rehabbed before). Skooge was so thin and weak she literally fell over to the sides rather than stay upright. I'll let you know when I can come up to collect her once I've spoken to Mick tonight and we'll take it from there.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #18
disgurlchar
Thanks Janine - If you think she has hope then that's amazing! I'd love to see her grow up and become daddy's little angel (Snowy her dad is a snow corn as well and the only snow to come out of eggs). Some breeders probably don't think of their hatchlings as children of their adult snakes but we do lol! Yes if you could let me know that would be awesome! Did you say you were off work tomorrow? Hope you enjoyed your shift by the way x

Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #19
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgurlchar View Post
Thanks Janine - If you think she has hope then that's amazing! I'd love to see her grow up and become daddy's little angel (Snowy her dad is a snow corn as well and the only snow to come out of eggs). Some breeders probably don't think of their hatchlings as children of their adult snakes but we do lol! Yes if you could let me know that would be awesome! Did you say you were off work tomorrow? Hope you enjoyed your shift by the way x
As I said in the PM, no guarantees, but I'll try to rehab her and keep you up to date every step of the way. Trust me, you'll get photos of everything, including her poops! We'll give her a chance with slow and careful syringe feeding and keep our fingers crossed.
(Edited to add, yep, I'm off work tomorrow so will be rampaging around the countryside with the dogs. And yep, work was satisfying but non-stop so my bed's calling me!)

Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #20
disgurlchar
Yeah but shes got of a chance with you than she has with us. If she does end up going to snake heaven then at least I know that somebody tried to give her life haha cant wait to see normal poops if they happen Ahh ok lets hope the weather stays nice aye! So if you are busy tomorrow is it looking more like the Sat or Sun. Obviously I know you probably dont know yet and thats not a problem just curious Have a nice sleepies! x

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google