CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

How pure must a corn be to be truely pure?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #21
gelshark
fact: black mambas are not burned, they are actually called black mambas because of the color of the insides of their mouths.

the reason the inside of their mouths are black is because they ate all the pens of the people trying to determine what's pure and what's not pure, and they knew that they are pure corn snakes and they dont want any one messing it up!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #22
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myca View Post
Finally an answer so simple anybody can understand....
What about a black mamba?[/quote]

I have a white Mamba, he is so cute.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
gelshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
I have a white Mamba, he is so cute.
Bob, Is that a snickersnake?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #24
hikisquid
But what about the rare rubbersnake? It's made of rubber.

On a serious note though, I don't think there will ever be a consensus as to what is a true corn or a hybrid corn. Well, maybe there will be a scientific declaration, but I don't have the bribe-ER- research money to donate towards having one made.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
Firefur
"Careful with that! It's the original can of worms." - warehouse 13
but seriously i've been wondering that as well particularly given the chances and viability of hybridization on the fringes of an animal's natural range. such occurrences do naturally occur in higher frequencies when ranges overlap. I know the gamepens at my university have several Sparred owls which can not be released back into the wild despite being wild caught as they are a hybrid. I know that CA state law demands that these owls either be putdown or used as a teaching tool, so Hybridization even among wild populations in frowned upon by our species, but if it occurs within nature why are we so dead set against it in the hobby

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #26
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelshark View Post
Bob, Is that a snickersnake?
Yes he is a SnickerSnake, that pic was when I first got him.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Artemisace
First of all I love all the humor in this thread it has made me laugh VERY hard.

On a different note though aren't corn snakes in essence rat snakes anyway? I mean they are from the same genus pantherophis so wouldn't that make any gene to come from either rat snakes or corn snakes just a snake gene in the long run? I've read the ultra debate on here and then the tessera debate, was very interested in that one since I want to work with tesseras, but I digress I'm no expert and I will never claim to be. I'm just a passionate snake lover that doesn't see the point in all this arguing. I mean if they are the same genus then why do we care? I think we all can agree that ultras are really cool looking snakes and that it does some awesome things to other morphs so what is the point of this conjecture? I know I'm probably going to catch hate for this and I really don't care, but in my opinion unless the gene came from another species, like king snakes or green mambas, see what I did there lol, then why do we care? I am now going to sit back relax and enjoy the show with my coke and mentos

Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
Artemisace
meant to say then I don't care where the gene came from at the end there, god I can't type today

Old 05-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #29
Carpe Serpentis
If a snake can breed with another snake and produce fertile offspring then they were designed to do just that and who am I to question intelligent design by an omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all knowing) being?
Of course, perhaps we are all just caught up in the matrix and none of this is real.... The reality is there is no spoon. There is no corn snake.... just our perception that they are real?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #30
gelshark
just because something can happen doesn't mean it should, or are the pedophiles justified when they rape little children?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google