CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

How pure must a corn be to be truely pure?

Old 05-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #81
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Can we just link the most recent thread by Carpet?
Do you mean Carpe Serpentis? Or is this simply another attempt to denigrate?

Old 05-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #82
airenlow
Everybody in the denigrate game...DRINK!

Old 05-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #83
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Serpentis View Post
Do you mean Carpe Serpentis? Or is this simply another attempt to denigrate?
Sweetheart, that was posted on the 9th...not everything is an attack on you.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #84
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Sweetheart, that was posted on the 9th...not everything is an attack on you.
I can't rep you sweetheart, and I would take sweetheart any day over fella

Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #85
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
I can't rep you sweetheart, and I would take sweetheart any day over fella
I got him for you!

Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #86
Carpe Serpentis
Airenlow, I will give you that it is often times hard to discern subtle nuances on a forum such as this. Dates have little to do with intent. I love that I'm your sweetheart now. It means so much when someone confers on you the title sweetheart in earnest. Think I'll take that

Though, I must confess when someone disparages a name however slightly I take that at its face when combined with past history. I'm also quick to forgive as life is too short not to allow for such a blessing as forgiveness.

To be honest, your calling me sweetheart. Reminds me of two stories, one of which I can tell on a forum such as this. A Drill Instructor had two of my uncles in the same platoon in boot camp. When the D.I. called out for mail call and didn't specify which one... well Jessie had to ask. Needless to say, when the D.I. echoed back, Jessica Sweetheart it was a bit comical. This was back in the Vietnam era. Jessie went circling around the platoon to get his mail biting his tongue and then... the D.I. threw his mail on the ground just as he was reaching out for it. Well, Jessie bent down and grabbed his mail. He also came back up with an upper cut that knocked that D.I. out in one punch.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #87
tspuckler
Quote:
But what about the rare rubbersnake? It's made of rubber.
Yes, rare but certainly worth having. It's not "low maintenance" like a Corn Snake, rather it's "no maintenance," because it's rubber...and definitely not a hybrid.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #88
Carpe Serpentis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspuckler View Post
Yes, rare but certainly worth having. It's not "low maintenance" like a Corn Snake, rather it's "no maintenance," because it's rubber...and definitely not a hybrid.

Interesting, but is it a 100% pure rubber snake?

Old 05-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #89
Carpe Serpentis
More food for thought when trying to decide when something becomes pure one must also consider what constitutes a species in the first place. The below article for those interested in reading it covers some interesting ground.
"The nature of species is controversial in biology and philosophy. Biologists disagree on the definition of the term ‘species,’ and philosophers disagree over the ontological status of species. Yet a proper understanding of species is important for a number of reasons. Species are the fundamental taxonomic units of biological classification. Environmental laws are framed in terms of species. Even our conception of human nature is affected by our understanding of species. In this entry, three issues concerning species are discussed. The first is the ontological status of species. The second is whether biologists should be species pluralists or species monists. The third is whether the theoretical term ‘species’ refers to a real category in nature."

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/species/

Old 05-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #90
hikisquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspuckler View Post

Ooh, do they have a latex-free variety for those with allergies? My auntie has issues and I'd hate for her to puff up and die from a snake.

Actually that snake is a cutie pie too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google