CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

View Poll Results: Peach hypo what do you think it should be called
peach hypo 11 22.00%
peach corn 4 8.00%
peach phase 4 8.00%
peach 31 62.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

peach hypo what do you think it should be called

Old 09-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #61
PtDnsr
I tried to rep so many people on this thread that it wouldn't let me rep. I've been trying to follow this and will share my insights for those that care to read them.

Vin - I don't know what your problem is but it seems that you need to lighten up a bit. If there is one thing that I have learned from this forum it's that things are always open or discussion. If you didn't want a discussion you shouldn't have opened the poll or the thread and just named them what you wanted. I will also request that you use punctuation, capital letters in correct places, and not all caps. Maybe it's just me being picky but it would make your posts so much easier to read and I might actually be able to make sense out of everything you've said. Might I also request that you limit the "peach hypo" discussions to one or two threads and not spread them out when you don't agree with what is being said? I think the snakes you have are gorgeous but you also haven't laid a clear cut version of the genetics down. I also think that if you can present us the information that we're all asking for we would be more receptive to what you're saying.

I don't have enough snakes with triple or quad recessive genes to be able to tell you the effect each would have on the other. I do have a pretty good grasp on the genetics though and understand most of what is being said (if I can read it). I greatly respect the opinions of many members that have posted on here and agree that you have two key words that you need to concentrate on: breeding trials. I think I'm done for now...let's hear the backlash.

~Katie

Old 09-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #62
SnakeAround
I remember a phrase typed by you; 'I could have closed it..... but' ... or anyhting close to that. I do remember you saying it is nice of you to make a poll, like it is an honor to vote.... put that together; sounds like a threat to me!

I do not remember any phrase; 'you must to call them X .....' directed at you....

I do still remember people EXPLAINING what they would call it.... if you interprete that as someone telling you what to do, I'll tell you that I would act a little more friendly to regain some more respect around here if I was you... (Were you not allso the bloke calling Steve Irwin an idiot in his memorial thread? Mmm.... I think so!)

Old 09-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #63
Vinman
PtDnsr I laid out all the history on this subject and dont mind answering any questions. how much more do you want all the history is there all the genes the are involved are there . I see that it was not on this thread but the other thread on this topic where it belong I will repost it

I bought 1.1 triple hets off rich z they were they het for hypo , charcoal , and bloodred ( aka hypo petwer ) . when I bred them togethe I got two weard looking snakes both males one white and a pink bloodred . I called rich and he could not tell me what was going on . A little while latter that day he called me back to tell me the hypo male he used in the cross was het for lavender. S the white male was a charcoal ghost and the pink male was a hypo lavender bloodred . THe amber that was used was a proven type A hypo . here is the story you also can read my add in the classifieds.

See I bred a hypo lavender blood het for charcoal ghost to a amber het for butter. All the babies should have came out hypo but they did not. Only 3/4 came out hypo the rest of the clutch came out normal and Rich Humes bought 1.2 normals from this clutch. Now I sold the male hypo blood lavender to Rich Z and he proved it to be a hypo lavender bloodred. I breed the female amber to my type A amber motley and got all ambers. So something weard is going on. There might be 2 hypos at work here and the 2 hypo bloodreds I got are both hypo because the breeder trio is hypo but the 2 male bloodreds look totally diffrent from eachother one is real dark and the other is real bright. So I want to take pic of them side by side and see what people think. This might effect the what makes a peach hypo or the way the peach hypo looks.
now let me add that the hypos that came out of the triple hets I got from rich and when I bred the charcoal ghost back to his mom all the hypos looked much brighter that all the normal type A hypos that I ever produced. Now according to rich z who bought my proven breeder male hypo lavender bloodred proved to be a hypo. Now Rich z has not put any input in this thread or others on his breeding trials with this male .So as far as I know the hypo lavender is a type aA hypo even though it did not produce all hypo babies with a proven hypo A amber go figure this ont out.
Now Chris Olson this is why I do know more that anyone what is going on with strain It all started with me .What is the big deal The fact is all roads lead to me . You dont think rich humes has come to me about the animals I did not know that there was amel in the amber untill rich told me there was some anels in the clutch that he produced. I know it was not on the hypo lavender bloodred because I breed to a few female het for amel and none were produced everything else is me . I wish Both rich humes and rich Z would come and help with their input . It is all on my back I don't mind taking the brunt of it all but damm a little help would be a happy sight.

the only post writen in caps is a copy of my for sale add. which is the answer to what serp asked me what other morphs did I produce. as
I stated in the first few post all I want was to make a poll not a thread to get some feed back on the name thats all.most of the people that posted should have posted on the other thread.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #64
SnakeAround
'I wish Both rich humes and rich Z would come and help with their input . It is all on my back I don't mind taking the brunt of it all but damm a little help would be a happy sight.
'

Go ahead and ask them if you are close with them I cannot wait for them to add some clearity to this all. Remember to ask them nicely and not tell them wat to do!

Sorry, bit in a sarcastic mood Usually I am not like that at all....

Old 09-05-2006, 09:45 PM   #65
hana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
no one told or question bill love whet he coind the name ghost or eddie leach when he called his morph and a gene I made add a blodred or Joe e peirce went from transparent to lava and all the other morphs out there but for me it is diffrent Bull pucky
The thought occurs that when you're in the minority on a subject it really doesn't matter what you think or what you want to call a particular morph. Whatever the majority decides flows better is what they use.
Perhaps the reason no one questions the likes of Bill Love ect.. on names is because they are respected.

hana

Old 09-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #66
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
I wish Both rich humes and rich Z would come and help with their input . It is all on my back I don't mind taking the brunt of it all but damm a little help would be a happy sight.
Maybe they're avoiding being associated with you & your recent behavior.

Quote:
What is the big deal The fact is all roads lead to me.
MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!

Old 09-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #67
Vinman
talked to rich humes wife on the phone he was not home . ball is in his court .rich z is a mod I'm sure if he wanted to he would have put his input . It would be nice. also I have no problem answering questions the only thing that I have is some of you think you can tell me what I can and can not do as far as the name.

Old 09-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #68
Vinman
or your responces and like I said before it is up to rich and me a joint decision not all me thak you

Old 09-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #69
SnakeAround
Quote:
the only thing that I have is some of you think you can tell me what I can and can not do as far as the name.
Please show me the posts?

@blckkat; you took the words right out of my mouth....

Old 09-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #70
hana
Alright! All y'all listen up! Hypo snows are now going to be called Pepto Corns! I don't care what you all think, I want to do it so it will be done!

hana

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google