CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Should I search better...

Old 07-15-2003, 08:39 PM   #1
<<S>>
Should I search better...

I've had my snake for about 4 days now...it ate his/her pinky on monday..without any problems. But the thing is....you all say that cleaning its fescies(I spelled it wrong didn't I )is a dayly job....but the only time I saw some was on the first day in its travelbox....

Should I be concerned or is it because he/she still has to digest its meal

Old 07-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #2
CornCrazy
They typically don't poop every day. I'd just do a quick search daily just to be sure there is nothing that needs to be removed (poop, urates, etc.). You should expect your snake to poop 2-3 days after its meal. Of course, this is just a rough estimate. It varies depending on the snake, the size of the meal, temps, etc.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:09 AM   #3
<<S>>
Oh ok, just checking because I don't want it to harm its health

Old 07-16-2003, 04:44 PM   #4
CAV
Don't be surprised if you don't find much of anything

When they eat pinkies, most of the food is digested and very little is eliminated. The only thing that you may see is the white/yellow urine spot.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:31 PM   #5
<<S>>
I use jungle bark...can I spot the urine quite well or not?

Old 07-17-2003, 08:56 AM   #6
CAV
Should be rather easy. I use Repti-Bark, a similar product and it shows up well.

Old 07-17-2003, 03:32 PM   #7
<<S>>
Do you find it in their hides or somewhere else?

sorry for all these questions..I just want to make sure...

Old 07-18-2003, 09:01 AM   #8
Aradia
This is just me, others may do differently. Every day I take Sage out and handle him, while I'm doing that I'll do a quick scan of visable places that might need cleaning. I have a smaller enclosure I put him in, since I'm the only one here that will do this, and change his water, and pick up the hides to do a quick 'sweep' of the area. Its always better to be safe than sorry later.

Old 07-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #9
<<S>>
I do the same thing...but I can't find anything...oh well maybe today..

I hope

Old 07-18-2003, 07:14 PM   #10
<<S>>
well...I found SOMETHING...I hope that was his/her urine

because I can't find anything else....tomorrow is his/her feeding day I'll just see if he/she eats..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google