CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Heating pad

Old 11-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
nicolefowler2005
Heating pad

Any tricks on how to get the damn heating pad off the bottom of the tank? I need to upgrade now that I switched Bella from the 10 gallon to the 40 and it came off the ten fine, I put it on the 40 but obviously it's not big enough so I bought a larger one but can't get the other one off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2015, 11:24 PM   #2
DollysMom
I use this tool to get tape, paint, etc. off of glass. I don't know if the pad can be saved, but a tool like this should get it off. I got mine at the local hardware store. Be careful because it is possible to scratch the glass or (of course) cut yourself.

Old 11-14-2015, 11:55 PM   #3
nicolefowler2005
Oh didn't even think of that thank you!!

Old 11-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
also be aware that those heating pads have many many tiny wires running through them, and if you peel one off that's been on a while, or have to literally scrape it off, you could damage the internal wires, and you may not notice it by looking at it. It may or may not work after that so testing it first would be my recommendation.

Actually, my initial recommendation would be to just shell out 20 bucks and buy a new pad and not to worry about scraping off the old, but take this as a "Point of Info" if you do.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #5
nicolefowler2005
I actually did buy a new pad I just need to get the old one off to put The new one on

Old 11-30-2015, 03:12 AM   #6
smigon
Here is a tip, hopefully not too late.

Take the new pad and peel the plastic off the sticky part, place it on a sheet of aluminum foil and fold the foil around it like a little packet. Then use any tape to attach it to the bottom of the tank. The foil has no ill-effect on the UTH's performance.

When you need to move it again (to wash the tank or just move it to a different tank) if the foil tears there is no loss, just re-wrap it, but reusing a well-stuck pad can be dangerous if the wires are compromised.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:41 AM   #7
nicolefowler2005
Man I wish I had thought of something like that!!

Bella's Mom

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google