CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Condensation and Humidity

Old 11-27-2015, 03:21 AM   #1
nimbuzz
Condensation and Humidity

Hey all, getting an enclosure set up for a new corn but I just CAN'T get the condensation and humidity down. It's resting at 75% at 27-29°C. Here are some of the pictures for reference.

And here the skull covers all the UTH area.

Many thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Old 11-27-2015, 05:27 AM   #2
DollysMom
Since you don't have a snake in there yet, open the lid for a few days and see if it dries out a bit.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:37 AM   #3
nimbuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Since you don't have a snake in there yet, open the lid for a few days and see if it dries out a bit.
I'll give that a shot, thanks. C: I've tried heating up the bedroom and that seems to have helped it out a bit but there's still that little extra push it needs. I'll try to dry it out. It does calm down considerably at night though when the temps are way down.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:34 AM   #4
smigon
Do you have a ceiling fan in that room? That will definitely help bring down the humidity, leave it on constantly, or if not a circulating room fan aimed at the viv would work

Old 11-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #5
nimbuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
Do you have a ceiling fan in that room? That will definitely help bring down the humidity, leave it on constantly, or if not a circulating room fan aimed at the viv would work
I often keep my window open, and that often circulates air (being a North-facing room). It solved the major humidity issue where it sometimes would go to 95%. Now it ranges from 55% - 75% but I'm glad to say that there's NO condensation any more. What'd you reckon?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google