• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ruth the Beardie

She so cute in front of her nearly empty salad plate. So glad she is eating her veggies for you. The change in her seems miraculous, but I know it has been your tender care, Eavlynn.

Definitely looking forward to hearing what the vet says. It's very wise to get a handle on any other items that need attention now.

Thank you DollysMom :)

Ruth goes to the vet tomorrow evening! He was the most experienced exotic vet I could find and is only a 45 minute drive away. I'm hoping for nothing but good news!

Knee deep in greens!
f9827a507bf60d7c984e7715c1263189.jpg

She stops eating if she catches me looking in on her, silly goober.
8c1747245618d0da04ba7505f43acd5d.jpg

Vet visit complete! Ruth got a clean bill of health, and a new found hatred for the vet. Still waiting on the results from the fecal exam, but I'm feeling much better!

Displaying her discontent after the vet visit with a very VERY black beard. Poor baby. She also puffed up at every semi truck we passed. The 'tude is strong with this one.

c70510024ceb8ec3fb5a6b909ee4e47b.jpg

d912cb61849dd75872648b075686d46e.jpg

5c305d19ca7b59bc9b2a9996fda76dd7.jpg

Oh my, she is priceless. I love a lizard with a ' tude. I'm so glad she checked out at the vet. When she gets feisty you can just call her old Blackbeard and we will all understand. Here's to a good fecal result :cheers:

I didn't know they could do that! She's quite impressive. I'm thrilled with the vet outcome.

She gives me dark beards when she wants something: veggies, crickets, water or outdoor time, but I've never seen her so dark! She's very good at getting her point across haha.

There's another vet that the receptionist told me about, that I'll probably take my reptiles to the next time someone needs a vet visit. He's an hour away, but lives reptiles and isn't a moron. The guy I saw was nice enough, but I didn't like the way he handled Ruth, and neither did she. I'd ask him questions, and give him my hypothesis, and he'd just say "yeah, that's about right, it's probably nothing". Seriously vet man? Do you not have opinions or a sentient mind? *sigh* why must good reptile vets be such a rare and endangered breed..

I love when they black beard. Someone tried to tell me that females didn't do that. Um, wrong!

It was very cool of the receptionist to recommend another vet. I'm contacting the WNY Herp Society today to join and to ask about snake vets. It's wrong to advertise as an exotics vet and accept snakes or, in your case, a beardie, and then be inept or disinterested or even unknowledgeable. Before I had snakes, unfortunately, I had a vet that was over an hour away; Dr. Mary... She did it all from exotics to farm to regular. I'm so sorry she retired. Her business went to a real jerk.

I love when they black beard. Someone tried to tell me that females didn't do that. Um, wrong!

Definitely wrong! Whomever said that has not had a feisty or unhappy female on their hands lol. I know some morphs lack dark pigmentation, so their unhappy look is more of a dark orange and such. I think it's hilarious when Ruth turns to the dark side, but I also feel bad because I know she isn't happy about something.

It was very cool of the receptionist to recommend another vet. I'm contacting the WNY Herp Society today to join and to ask about snake vets. It's wrong to advertise as an exotics vet and accept snakes or, in your case, a beardie, and then be inept or disinterested or even unknowledgeable. Before I had snakes, unfortunately, I had a vet that was over an hour away; Dr. Mary... She did it all from exotics to farm to regular. I'm so sorry she retired. Her business went to a real jerk.
I was thrilled that she gave me a better vet to check into. It's so incredibly difficult to find good reptile vets. I've seen 2 so far. The first gal gave it her best, and really likes reptiles, but lacks the experience. And the guy I saw yesterday was just useless. Next time I want a fecal exam dobe I'm going to mail it to Doctor Dragons. $12.50 + the shipping to get it there. I would assume they can test snakes as well! Stress free and low cost. It doesn't get much better than that!

This is awesome!!!

I had a beautiful baby girl beardie I named Fury- I used to work at Petsmart, and she was seizing in her enclosure- and since that wasn't " pleasing " and customers kept complaining, they were going to put her down as she wasn't selling.

I took her home instead, she had metabolic bone disease- she only grew a few inches before she passed away. She was my first bearded dragon, too. I loved her so much and I wanted her to live a happy life but she deteriorated after a year and I had to put her to sleep.
It is so heartwarming seeing someone else able to take on such an amazing animal with such a difficult disease.
I can't wait to hear more about her! Nice job!

So happy you got a good vet rec!! Ruth is so cute and fiery, she clearly loves being with you! Can't wait to see more updates!

( Hope you don't mind a picture on your thread )

This was Miss Fury (RIP)
She was this size when she passed, she doubled in size in the short time that I had her- she passed not too long after I took this picture. Her MBD just got so bad and she kept seizing, it was heartbreaking.
She was a joy to have.
I never got another one but I hope to some day- I'm so happy to see this big girl Ruth thriving and doing well on proper care!
She's so beautiful.

Attachments

• 69763_491347790344_360630_n.jpg
    69763_491347790344_360630_n.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 18
Back