• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello All!

andy27012

Looking to get into corn snakes, I've kept lots of species of animals of all types over the years but sold all animals and am trying to focus primarily on North American reptiles. Currently have 0.0.5 loggerhead musk turtles.

Hi Andy, nice to meet you! Any reason you're starting with corns? Also, what other North American species are you interested in keeping?

I’m still trying to figure out how to post pictures, I worked in the pet trade and have found milks and kings to be too defensive for my taste. Haven’t had the opportunity to work with too many other species. Love indigos but they seem hard to source.

It's funny about the reputation of kings, the first snake I had the pleasure of "knowing" for a year or two was a California king and he never struck at me. I've heard how people in the hobby talk about Drymarchon and they do indeed seem amazing but possibly difficult to care for in addition to being hard to source? Have you ever considered Pituophis snakes (gopher and bull snakes)?

They are not technically "North" American, but have you considered Black Milk Snakes? They look A LOT like Indigos (as adults), are cheaper and easier to acquire, and much easier to care for.

Back