• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How much one on one attention do you give your snake?

I only have one snake, unlike others on this site. They probably don't have time to handle all of their snakes and they don't need to, seeing as it's not necessary. I hold mine a lot, like for half an hour every day or two. (unless she just ate) If she gets stressed, I put her away. Some snakes tolerate handling more than others, so it depends on the snake (about handling session times).

Zeus loves a cuddle (but he is a mummy's boy!) he does seem to prefer me, and will happily wrap along my shoulders and neck and quite happily stay there but Murphy being so tiny I only have him out for five minutes more because he can't wrap himself round me he can only sit in the palm of my hand! My boys have there feed then two to three days of being left alone then they come out every other day. But it's like ten minutes maX for Zeus and five minutes for Murphy. But then like the rest of you I have that busy week where I may only get them out once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now I don't feel so bad for neglecting Isis recently. When we first got her, we had her out 2-3 times a week. But now it's basically for cleaning and the rather rare handling session.

I used to take Peaches out a LOT. I'm a sucker and feel bad for any creature that's stuck in a tank 24/7 (the reason I don't like fish lol) so when I first got her, I was handling her every second day except on feeding day and when she was digesting. I'd have her out for anywhere from 10 - 30 minutes and then I put her back, but I spot clean the cage in that time, change water, etc.

Now I don't take her out nearly as often or for as long, thanks to a much busier semester (2 weeks left, woo!). But occasionally now when I take her out, I set up a sort of playground on my coffee table out of cardboard boxes, extra tank decor I have laying around, etc. After I think she's had her fill of being handled by me, I put her on the coffee table while I do homework or something and let her slither around and explore. Once she curls up inside a box for more than 2 minutes, and starts to calm down, I put her back in her tank.

I'm blessed with the fact that she is terrific with being handled. I had never handled a snake before her (except for the tiny arse little garter I found outside and caught one time.. that was my first time discovering musk.. it was lovely..) and she was lovely with me, no aggression at all. I've had friends over who were wary of snakes and by the time they left they didn't wanna put her down and were taking selfies with her haha.

Back