• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello everyone, just want to say hello

ArnoTis

Love snakes
I'm new here. I love snakes, they look really good, but my wife is afraid of them. Thinking of solution, how to make her not so afraid.:grin01:

Hi welcome from the UK
Maybe take it slow get a baby snake so she can watch it grow
Being a lady I that most of us like babies in most forms
Tell her there are lots of lady snake keepers
Good luck
Pat [emoji216]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife isn't afraid of the snakes while they are in their containers. When I take one out she vacates the room in a hurry. Pat had a good idea to try.

Are there ever any expos/reptile shows near you? You can take her and see if a vendor would let her hold one.

Well we once go there. But when she saw all those big snakes, she almost lost consciousness. So I don't think that it will be good idea to take her once more. So maybe small snakes will be better

I'm new here. I love snakes, they look really good, but my wife is afraid of them. Thinking of solution, how to make her not so afraid.:grin01:

Easy ... do some local research on a decent reptile store .. find one that will let you hold one of their Royal pythons .. then arrange for your wife to go with you and let her hold one .

She'll be hooked after 5 minutes holding one !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For advice and for gritings :)

It's just that we had some friends around at our house to look at my King snakes with a view to buying one but they went home with s Royal after carrying it around whilst looking at the King snakes:)

I was thinking about taking King snake, it's small and cute. Maybe it would be better for Betty

They look amazing but they move much faster ( ever held a hamster - it's not relaxing lol ) and won't sit on your lap like a lovely , docile Royal ..

Kings can be nippy as well ..

Have a look at this clip .. I've only watched the first part but looks interested..
https://youtu.be/iBwTFTWtKo0

Kingsnakes would probably not be the best option, for reasons mentioned above. Ball pythons are generally pretty mellow.

Back