CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Contextual links appearing in posts

Old 12-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #31
Nanci
Todd says he'd start by looking for and disabling browser plugins.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #32
Nanci
I'm also curious about what would happen if you DLed Safari, and didn't transfer any stuff from IE, if it even asks you to. Actually, I'd totally remove all your browsers, and then run CCleaner, and then DL Safari.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
Nanci
Todd adds, especially toolbars.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
Chip
All extensions and tool bars are removed, I think. I've uninstalled and re-installed chrome and Firefox (I know, I just like what is familiar). If this doesn't fix it, I will do it all again, and learn a new browser. So far, at least all the links that were on this page are gone now...

Old 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #35
***Beth***
I had this exact same thing. It's a browser add-on. Get rid of ALL add ons and extensions, as well as extra tool and search bars, anythings that's added or can be disabled for your browser. If this clears it up, activate them one by one until you get the issue again and you'll then learn which thing is doing this. I had a coupon finder do this to me once that I didn't even know I had installed, as well as something that claimed to be a google addon that did this as well. In all I ended up at different times with this issue like 5-6 times. It's definately something that was added to the browser stuff, probably unknowingly.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #36
dave partington
if you have a google acct, such as 'when you are signed in to google', And using chrome (but may quite likely work with other browsers), then those links appear on the posts.

Try signing out from google,
though you may have checked off the option to be automatically signed in to google,
then you'll maybe need to get into your computer (or phone's, or iPad's, or whatever) settings.

I don't use add-ons. 350+ malware tracking cookies per day is enough.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #37
cornsnakeforsale_com
Those are definitely not google ads. I signed in to chrome and can't see anything (that will be my first and last time doing that nonetheless).

It's either malware or a plugin that you may or may not have realized you let install. Here are a couple of suggestions for anyone having this issue.

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-othe...llowmoxie.html
http://forums.techguy.org/virus-othe...e-posting.html
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/778638

Looks like a bit of a mess.

You always have to run antivirus and anti-malware software, but even more important you have to stay away from garbage online and pay close attention when installing stuff. You should almost always choose the "advanced" options when installing things cause everyone wants to put commercial crap on your system and it's easy to get your "consent". If you do all of those things religiously, you might be able to avoid these issues and worse. But it's not that hard to avoid 95% of it with a little care.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #38
Chip
It's not a Chrome issue, as the same ads ran on IE and Firefox as well. I uninstalled every plugin and extension and it appears to be fixed. I wish I had caught which one did it, but I am okay with just running without them.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #39
dave partington
how to make a screen capture
(since my last post on this thread was useless)
hit the 'screen capture' key
on my keyboard its a key in the upper right area
that says PrtScn
it's just to the right of F12.

Open Paint, photoshop, etc. Any image editing program. There's probably one on your computer. It is often found under Accessories from the start menu. You may need to click "show all programs" after clicking "Start".

Now that your image prog is open,
and a new canvas is in view,
click "Edit>Paste" from the toolbar at the top.

Next, select File: "Save As".
Using the new dialog box which pops up on the screen:
Give it an Image Name,
Next, click : "File: Save as:" Using the dropdown box below the area where you gave it an image name,
save as it a "jpg/jpeg" extension/file.

Then you can upload the screen capture wherever.
I know this sounds like a lot of stuff to do, but after you practice a few times and get it down, it's a method of saving what was said quickly and efficiently.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google