CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Question about daily husbandry.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
NinnJinn
Question about daily husbandry.

*I have several questions that I am posting separately. If I should combine them into one post, Please let me know.*

I have had Hunter for 6 days now. ate a pinkie 4 days ago, well 3 days and 12hrs ago. I cannot find poo nor can I find any wet aspen substrate from where it has urinated.

How do you go about finding bodily waste?

When we first set up his 40gal Zoomed VIV My daughter dumped roughly half a bag of 24qt aspen bedding into the viv which created roughly 3 inches worth of substrate over the entire viv. Hunter loves it lol.. there are burrow holes everywhere.

Is the substrate to deep/ thick?

Old 06-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
if he pooped/urinated it may be hard to find from a baby snake. A Pinky does not produce a lot of poop. Also, snake urine isn't really wet. It can appear as a white flaky powdery substance along with the poop. For a baby snake you'll really have to look for it. Also, maybe he has not pooped yet. Although most baby snakes will go after about 2 days, snakes can hold it longer.

One reason I no longer use aspen.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:23 AM   #3
NinnJinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
One reason I no longer use aspen.
If you don't mind me asking, What do you use?

Old 06-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
Reptile carpet

Old 06-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #5
DollysMom
You probably missed it. Put your snake in a safe holding container, remove and inspect the decor, and search through the aspen bit by bit. If there is any poop you will find it this way. Baby poop is really tiny. Especially search the edges and the seams on all four sides. That is one of the most usual places to find it.

P.S. I use half a 24 qt ZooMed bag per 36x18 in viv. I think it is perfect though for a little one you can use about half that much if you want. 1.5 inches is deep enough for a baby to burrow in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google