CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Will my snake regurgitate/vomit?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
SmittenKitten
Will my snake regurgitate/vomit?

This morning I picked out some shed from my snakes tank, and I accidentally ended up grabbing my snake as I was digging for the rest of the shed that was buried in the substrate. I just fed him yesterday (around 12 hours ago), and was wondering if I he may regurgitate? I am leaving for a trip and I'm very worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-05-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
Twolunger
While it is not usually recommended to handle corns after eating, I've done it to clean out their containers and never had a regurge. Go on your trip and don't worry.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:27 PM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
When people say "Don't Handle a snake after Eating" they mean don't take them out and play with them, wrap them around your neck, squeeze them...etc.....

It's ok to pick them up and move them about, clean their cages, etc.... As long as you're not rough with them or "Squeeze the Lump" they should be ok.

I've had 5 different pet snakes over the past 41 years, and I've never had a regurge in any of my snakes. And I handle them, clean their cages, adjust the bedding, clean water etc... daily. No big deal.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #4
LadyJemima
Karl, all corns, or different species?

Old 07-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
I got my first snake at age 17, a Colombian Red Tailed Boa. I had her 23 years. I also had a Ball Python (Royal Python) for a while, and ended up trading it for a California King snake. After the Cali King I got a 2nd Boa Constrictor, and then about 2 years ago I got Rufus my Corn snake. I've had 5 snakes in about 40+ years (I'm almost 60 now).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google