CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Controversial Discussion: Direction of This Site

Old 12-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I don't want to start deleting posts. Save the silliness for dyk.
I apologize! I was hoping to add a little levity to the situation. Something that helps make this site so great!

Sorry Deano!

Wayne

Old 12-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #22
Roy Munson
No problem, Wayne. But I won't let this turn into a snakemaster, panda, crapola fest. If my grumpiness isn't obvious, let me spell it out...

Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #23
LBoz
Quote:
No problem, Wayne. But I won't let this turn into a snakemaster, panda, crapola fest. If my grumpiness isn't obvious, let me spell it out...
I love the site, but hate the grudges, especially when they go from one thread/discussion to another, etc etc. I don't mind the political debates because I'm not well read on politics, so I always have something new to learn. Unfortunately, it's frequently like a bunch of unhappy spouses bringing up any and every hurtful thing ever done or expressed, and never being allowed to forget that indiscretion. One might think that it's been resolved, only to find that the next time an argument occurs, those same old darts come flying back again, with ever increasing vehemence than the last time.

I am NOT pointing fingers. It takes a curmudgeon to recognize that quality in others, so don't for a moment think I don't realize how guilty I am of this very thing. However, I think people sometimes forget that what we don't like in others is often what we don't like about ourselves.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #24
Carinata
Also can we cut the Snakemaster24 crap please it annoys the living hell out of me (Thats alot!). Everytime a troll comes we get people saying Look its David. I know I am not those people it just pisses me off

Old 12-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #25
Roy Munson
This thread isn't about you, and it isn't going to go that way, David. Be careful.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #26
Rich Z
Quote:
Hah! Now that I'm no longer breeding, producing, or selling, I realize that I have far less incentive to be "nice.". Maybe you can sympathize!
Actually I can. It's pretty tough playing moderator to people who are likely past, current, or future customers.

But we need to bear in mind, that under the strictest definition of the term, "contributor" members here ARE still my customers. And those that are not contributing members, certainly may be future customers. So putting a velvet glove on the iron fist may be in order.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #27
desertanimal
I don't care what gets discussed around here. There are a lot of people with a lot of interests and opinions.

But since I've been back I've been aghast at how personal arguments tend to turn. Personal in the sense that people use quotations from arguments about OTHER old topics to attack each other.

We've had passionately heated arguments before (before summer 2008), but when the discussion turned personal, members effectively policed it on the spot and it stopped. And they didn't do it by posting inane, irrelevant pictures of animals with stupid words attached, either. Someone personally attacked me once and there was quite a hullabaloo over it. Thread participants told that person to cut it out, that it was over the line and uncalled for, and that person stopped. Now (as of summer 2009), it seems that personal attacks in hot-button-topic threads are almost de rigueur. The people who do it don't stop when other thread participants call them on it, so people don't even bother to call them on it anymore.

I'd like to see that stop. It actually makes it difficult to HAVE a heated discussion of a hot-button topic, and I happen to think that those topics are often important and worthy of discussion--just as worthy of discussion here, on a cornsnake page, than anywhere else.

Maybe there could be a boxing ring subforum, and when that stuff starts, members could be told to continue in there, taking it out of the thread where it started and where people were/are trying to discuss something else.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 PM   #28
Nanci
I love it the way it is. If I don't like political threads, and I pretty much don't, I can ust not read them. The "other" place is boring. Not enough quantity. If you only need to check a site every few days to see what's new, pretty soon you forget to check it at all. This site is very, very active. That must account for something.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #29
desertanimal
that should read: "as anywhere else." This money-saving we're trying to do sure has cut into my editing capabilities . . .

Old 12-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #30
Carinata
Quote:
This thread isn't about you, and it isn't going to go that way, David. Be careful.
Dean you asked a question I gave an honest opinion. I don't want it to go that way trust me

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google