CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Controversial Discussion: Direction of This Site

Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #41
jenneses
Personally, I like this site the way it is, most of the time. I don't like some of the personal vendettas, but I just tend to stay away from most of the threads that will bring those particular people together. I also have put people who were interrupting my enjoyment of this site on ignore, which has worked for me.

There isn't much that can be done, some people just need to grow up, and some need to treat people with respect.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #42
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
Is this place how you want it to be?
Pretty close.

Quote:
What (if anything) could be done to improve it?
Clean up the R and NC-17 language. WTF means WTF regardless of how you want to candy coat it and pretend stupidity.

Quote:
Is the moderation too strict, or too lenient?
Inconsistent. For example, Snakemaster and his threads/comments are locked down pretty religiously, but there is another participant at this site that interjects their . . . hubris . . . into many different threads and those threads are destroyed while that personality moves on to another thread to continue their work. There is no humility when that . . . personality . . . is "put in its place" by the forum in general as historically happened around here relatively effectively. Inconsistent.

D80

Old 12-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #43
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Personally I have been posting less, though I still read a lot of the threads, TBH I have been tending to go check out the "other" place when I actually want to read about corn snakes or find pictures of morphs and stuff. There is a lot of non corn snake related threads here
Not that some of that stuff isn't interesting as well, but since it's a corn snake site the focus could be a lot more on corn snakes
I hate the political bickering a lot so if I could change one thing it would be take the politics elsewhere.
^^^^^^
Ditto that!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #44
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyn127 View Post
^^^^^^
Ditto that!
You say Ditto that! Danny, but don't you think people are already posting as much about cornsnakes as they can? What is there to talk about? New morphs? Won't be any of those till spring. Photo Gallery? So take some pictures! make the thread more interesting by commentating on your snakes. Right now, people can post their quint homo whatever, and maybe five people will comment on it. I made the discovery that the developmental stages of snakes and the mice they eat match up. I did a new product review today. What else, that isn't the same old how-to, is there? OTOH, there is everything else that isn't cornsnakes! Boas, pythons, dragons, spiders, dogs, kids, whatever. Just to mention the critters. I love cornsnakes the most of all the snakes in the world, but how many exciting new things can you say about them? I'm just saying...Maybe if people would _participate_ more in "cornsnake" threads, there might _be_ more cornsnake threads.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #45
dionythicus
I agree that this seems to be the time of year when boredom takes its toll. There's no breeding at this point, there's less money for buying this winter, so people get into things other than cornsnakes.

I only read the threads that appeal to me. I avoid politics, I avoid certain members' threads, I don't pay attention to all the personal vendettas that seem to be going on. I do wish people would stay more on topic in threads. A little humor isn't a bad thing, but I for one get irritated when my own thread goes haywire because people aren't focused on the topic I started. I started it for a reason. I'm also not one to run to the mods unless its a pretty blatant issue. I frankly think that we as adults should be able to PM another member with whom we have an issue so that it can be resolved between members without involving the mods. I try to stick to my own business.

I wouldn't mind the mods being more strict, I just wish individuals would keep a closer watch on themselves.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #46
wade
Here’s and idea. Go over to KS.com. First of all pick any forum and start a new thread that says CS.com is a great place. If you come back tomorrow you will find that post has been deleted. If they don’t like what you say, you disappear. Then go to the cornsnake forum and post a question. “Help my snake won’t eat”. The last post on the cornsnake forum was three days ago, I just checked. They have really strict moderators there and they stay on topic. They don’t have a dyk and they don’t have a general chitchat. And they don’t have me. Sorry Rich, that last statement will start a stampede to the dark side.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #47
wilomn
I don't have any problems as yet. I think the sandbox I grew up in was a tad rougher than this one.

The interesting thing to me, thank you for asking, is what people consider serious enough to warrant action by Mods.

That's it.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #48
El Jefe
Me likey.

To make it even better: Stop the personal attacks and curb the language and then things will be just dandy.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 PM   #49
desertanimal
I think Jeff puts it well. And I don't give a flying you know what about the language.

I LIKE the political threads as a general rule. I learn things. I share things I know that I think are important. But it's a little challenging to get anything out of them when there are old quotations and re-hashing of old arguments (that I don't know about) whizzing around all over the place.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #50
Eli173
It’s not hard to be polite and respectful to others so I say bring the iron fist if you feel you need to.
The only suggestion I have is to split the New Posts function into 3. One for cornsnake areas, non-cornsnake areas and personal forums. That way people who want to look at only cornsnake stuff can easily do so. I tend to avoid the non-cornsnake stuff so I have to either weed through the posts like a mailbox full of spam or go to each cornsnake section individually. But hey, life is all about convenience right?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google