CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Please Help, Can't Do Anything On Site

Old 02-02-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
Skyclad
Unhappy Please Help, Can't Do Anything On Site

Everything's been fine with the site, never had any problems with it, then yesterday I had a big one. As soon as I go to the site it occurs. I can't go anywhere in the site unless I log out. Can someone help me out I'm pretty bummed about this. Thanx.

Here's the error message:

Skyclad8, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

Old 02-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
DAND
Something seems wrong. Your name shows up but under it it says guest, posts n/a. Must be a gremlin in the works somewhere.

Old 02-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
skyclad
Makes me sad. I wish I knew how to fix it. I can be a guest but then i can't even see any posted pictures. I shall go cry in a corner now. DIE GREMLIN DIE

Old 02-02-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
howiet4702
very wierd!

Old 02-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
DAND
I'm sure Rich'll be scratching his head about this one. I'm sure there will be a few choice words mumbled too.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #6
Rich Z
No, I'm not scratching my head at all. I know exactly what happened. This user has subscribed to a bunch of threads, which generate emails, and has an invalid email address. So each of those contact emails to notify him about someone responding to a subscribed thread get bounced back to me. So I locked his account to try to get his attention.

If he gives me a valid email account, then I will let him back in.

That is now my official policy. If someone allows their email address to lapse and I get bounced contact messages, they get locked out until the problem is fixed.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:31 AM   #7
Skyclad
Talking

Yay, I don't have gremlins. I did start using a new e-mail account and I thought I went and transfered all my accounts. I guess I missed some. Sorry, but I'm so glad it's figured out. Here is my new address... skyclad_8@yahoo.com. Thanks Rich for the help. I can't wait to be able to sign back in.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:09 PM   #8
Rich Z
OK, you should be good to go now.

Thanks.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:25 AM   #9
Skyclad8
Thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google