CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

king snake influence in tessera morph?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #191
Shiari
I was talking about corn-snake stripe, which is recessive. Because I was wondering why it would matter if the male was not het stripe if the female also wasn't het or homo stripe.

And king-snake stripe has proven dominant already at least in king snakes.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #192
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
I was talking about corn-snake stripe, which is recessive. Because I was wondering why it would matter if the male was not het stripe if the female also wasn't het or homo stripe.

And king-snake stripe has proven dominant already at least in king snakes.
He is doing this experiment to debunk the the theory that Joe Pierce slapped all over kingsnake.com.

That's the WHOLE point of this breeding.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #193
Shiari
Aaaaand, if the king snake stripe proves dominant (as it already is showing on a 75% corn animal) that will prove what?

Old 04-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #194
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Aaaaand, if the king snake stripe proves dominant (as it already is showing on a 75% corn animal) that will prove what?
Aaaaand did you read Joe's theory?

Dave is taking logical steps toward testing some of the claims made in this thread.

IF it does, then it opens the door to start proving or disproving the other points brought up.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #195
Shiari
I read Joe's theory a long time ago. And dismissed it as silly. I'm not about to dig into the middle of this thread trying to find it once more. I seem to remember something about the breaking up of the stripe being 'evidence' to him, but you also see that with corn-genetic stripe with regards to the quality of the stripe, or the amount of diffusion or color saturation in various other morphs.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #196
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
I read Joe's theory a long time ago. And dismissed it as silly. I'm not about to dig into the middle of this thread trying to find it once more. I seem to remember something about the breaking up of the stripe being 'evidence' to him, but you also see that with corn-genetic stripe with regards to the quality of the stripe, or the amount of diffusion or color saturation in various other morphs.
The entire point of this breeding is to test some of the claims made in the theory.

Dave conveniently relinked it in post #182. Less than a page back.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #197
DMong
So what's the plan for all the offspring produced from this?.....nevermind the theory. Like, where will they go......freezer?, show tables to be bought and bred later on?.........and as what? Even if they are initially labeled 100% accurately...once they are in posession of countless others, all that goes completely out the window. What if the Cal. kings used originally were Newport-Long Beach coastal aberrants and not San Diego stripes?

~Doug

Old 04-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #198
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMong View Post
So what's the plan for all the offspring produced from this?.....nevermind the theory. Like, where will they go......freezer?, show tables to be bought and bred later on?.........and as what? Even if they are initially labeled 100% accurately...once they are in posession of countless others, all that goes completely out the window. What if the Cal. kings used originally were Newport-Long Beach coastal aberrants and not San Diego stripes?

~Doug
I suspect Dave will hold a fair few back for additional test breeding. But who knows on the rest. Dave is a stand up guy, I know he will not do anything crazy like breed them to llamas and make striped corllamkings , but only he can say for sure.

I'm not really a fan of hybrids either, but enthusiasts that breed them responsibly don't bug me as much as unethical indiscriminate breeders.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #199
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBaroness View Post
I must be speaking Portuguese or something...
Você é linda quando você fala Português

Doug, I'll just give them to Bethany.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #200
BloodyBaroness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Você é linda quando você fala Português

Doug, I'll just give them to Bethany.
Well played sir!

Best of luck with that breeding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google