CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

$25 more for a feeder?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #11
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Just what I was thinking...grayband hatchlings immediately comes to mind as one I would expect to see such an ad for.
Or Eastern or Southern hoggies.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
HeavenHell
Wink

Yes it was a grayband ad. I see your point for discounting OOE snakes. Reading the ad, it just seemed they were selling "eating" as an accessory.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
Michael823
I can see where the labeling of the ad caused a little confusion. It does make it sound more shady when stated as though a good feeding snake is an extra charge, as opposed to a non-feeding snake being at a discounted price, even if it's basically the same thing. It just makes it sound as though their good feeding snakes are the exception, rather than the non-feeding, so it does make you think that it's a bit suspect.

It's all in the advertising, I suppose. I can definitely see where there would be an extra charge on starting gray-bands, though, as it's a lot more work to get the non-feeders to eat than most species. Mostly because of the scenting. More work, the higher the price. But on the flip-side, you might expect that effort to be done free of charge (or at least hidden in the full price), as these are supposed to be the experts that should have the most success getting the species that they've chosen to breed to eat.

All in all... not too strange, but wording is everything, and you're right, the wording could have been a little more appealing.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #14
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
I suppose as an unscrupulous seller it's worth a try. Maybe they'll sucker in someone inexperienced, who doesn't realise that a reputable seller would never sell a Corn that ate anything other than f/t.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
What is unscrupulous about selling nonfeeders cheaper than feeders? You better check the for sale ads here because by your logic, Carol, Jeff Mohr, Susan and a bunch of others are unscrupulous . . . 50% out of egg specials, not guaranteed feeders? Same thing. Shoot, on a $100 snake you're paying $50 more for a feeder!
D80
You may want to ad Rich Z to the list as well....he was selling out of the egg animals way back in the day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google