CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Thor - albino Cape House Snake

Old 09-24-2017, 01:43 AM   #71
Magdalen
He seems to be doing good and enjoying the new space, I hope. Only his second night in his new home and he's already out more. I'm hoping that means he's comfortable. He definitely likes all the extra plants I put in there. It's a little mini jungle haha.
Oh and his final adult tank is having a sliding screen top so no more Velcro haha

Old 09-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #72
Magdalen
Got a picture of his tank. Definitely hard to spot him now haha.

Oh and finally his cover is done.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #73
DollysMom
Beautiful Thor house and beautiful cover. Well done!

So far I can't find him in his house, so that's good, lol.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:20 AM   #74
Magdalen
Thank you!

He's usually in one of his hides during the day, this picture he was probably on the warm side (left hide). He likes those red plates as hides. His old home I couldn't fit two of them in there so he'd hang out in the one on the cool side mostly. I've been finding him mostly on his warm side so far. Or cruising at night. His humid hide is actually in the back left corner. I thought I might be over doing it with the plants haha.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:01 AM   #75
Magdalen
Thor cracks me up. Just got his mouse and he's looking at me like he never gets fed. At least the move didn't effect his apatite. Silly gobber.

Old 09-26-2017, 12:02 AM   #76
Magdalen
That should be appetite. Silly autocorrect

Old 09-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #77
DollysMom
Lol on the gobbler and the autocorrect. Clyde is on his feed again after a 3 feeding strike this summer and a couple of 1 feeding strikes here and there. I'm feeding a little smaller prey and a little more often. I'm only mentioning this so if your little gobbler ever goes off his feed you don't worry. It is not uncommon among sexually mature housies and of course is not uncommon among male snakes. I noticed how prominent Clyde's hemipenes bulge was this spring at 1.5 years of age and a month or so later he had his first feeding strike. But being housies, they do eat again! Evidently male house snakes make up for their small overall size with, well, you know, lol.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:08 PM   #78
Magdalen
Thanks for the info! I remember reading the thread about Dlena's non eating house too. I jump on any info I can for house snakes since it's so few and far apart. I am expecting eventually a few feeding strikes. My gecko had a few of those and she eats when she gets hungry enough.
How big was Clyde at 1.5 years old? Thor was one of those that had trouble starting to eat so I'm not sure he's the same size as your Clyde was at a year. Oh and how often did you offer food when he wasn't eating? What smaller size is he getting?
A million questions haha.
I got Thor out quickly to check if he's getting ready to shed, so hard to tell with him. But he's hiding in his humid hide and it looks like he's going to. But man I got him out and said when'd you get so big?! He's growing like a weed since getting onto fuzzies. Can a growing snake be too chubby? Haha. I also got a quick weight but I'm going to double check it after he sheds. 44 grams! That would be 10grams in one month. Crazy right? He was about 10grams when I got him and oh so little.
I'll get fresh photos after shed.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:53 AM   #79
DollysMom
Clyde weighed 97 grams at 1.5 years. He went through a real growth spurt because he weighed 58 grams at a year. I was feeding 5 gram mice every 12 days and he was still growing like gangbusters. Then he slowed down. In May when he went to the vet for a routine check he was 106. Vet said he looked good, and I specifically asked about weight.

When he wasn't eating I offered every 7 to 10 days. if he didn't strike and take from the tongs, I just left it in the dark. I never try to feed him before sunset.

His highest since has been 111 and his lowest was 99. He was 108 when I weighed him last week. BTW he is full on gobbler right now. I fed him a 6 gram mouse Thursday night and Friday night I swear he was out looking for more-- I got "the look" lol. Right now I'm feeding once a week to build him up after his last little strike that went from August 23 to Sept 12. His first meal after was a 3.4 gram fuzzy eaten in the dark. He's been striking at the prey again since.

Thor sounds fine to me and looks good in the pictures. They grow at their own rates. When Clyde was growing so fast I really couldn't stop it.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #80
Magdalen
Thor got a little "brother" today at expo. I really shouldn't leave empty tanks sitting around. The temptation to fill them is too great.
I'll share pics of his tomorrow, hopefully. In his own thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google