CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

!hola!

Old 09-17-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
diamondlil
!hola!

Am in scorchio Mallorca, last day of my holiday. WeŽve checked out the local wetland nature reserve, horse racing, roman ruins, IŽll subject you all to the photos when I get home! x

Old 09-17-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
Pet Corn Snake
Very lucky you are

hope you have a safe journey home mate

enjoy it while it lasts

cant wait to see some pictures

Old 09-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
Nanci
I was wondering where you were! Someone was asking about the BARF diet. (Eww!) Can't wait to see the pics!

Nanci

Old 09-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #4
diamondlil
It's blinking 'refriggio' here (please excuse the 'spanglish' it's from a comedy sketch program, where a mutated mix of spanish and english language sufficed for the real thing, I can manage basic spanish phrases and try hard out of politeness to speak the lingo).
Landed in the UK at 3 this morning, stupidly wearing a summer dress and sandals. Anyway, the holiday was brilliant, the resort complex was nicely set out, the weather was scorching hot except for a brilliant thunderstorm over the mountains and sea on the Friday night, which gave a cooler morning for our hike in the wetlands nature reserve.
Here's some pictures of the resort and beach

Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
diamondlil
The trip to the nature reserve was a little disappointing herp-wise. I didn't see any turtles in the marshes, and only found this poor dead baby snake being eaten by ants. The local geckos were too darn fast to catch or get pictures of, they were obviously super-charged by the heat! They were smallish, and prettily marked in marbelled browns from the brief glimpses I caught.
The birdlife included ibis, egrets, coots, ducks and flycatchers. I spotted but didn't get shots of bee-eaters, finches and warblers.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
diamondlil
More reserve pics

Old 09-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
diamondlil
The local insect life was alarming, with great big hornets, and praying mantis and big (about 8") striped grasshoppers flying out from under your feet. The cicadas sang all night.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #8
diamondlil
On Sunday we took a horse-drawn cart into the main town to go to the market, the local ponies aren't pretty but they're hardy for the conditions. There was a local race meeting where we caught the trotting and gig races, it's just a local fun holiday so there were mules and donkeys racing against the ponies and there was a great atmosphere. I made friends with a beautiful Andalucian horse.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
diamondlil
Then we visited some Roman remains

Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
diamondlil
The last day we just spent being beach bums, as was every afternoon. We went out for tapas and paella in the poshest restaurant for one evening, here's me before the local version of absinthe had taken me over

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google