• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!#$% MY NEW "BM" GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TonySr

My new butter motley has got out. I don't know how. I have made a search there is ssooooooooooooo much he could have gotten into. Hoping he didn't get down to basement. Please give your Tips and Tricks.
I know its going to take time, patience, diligence and some luck.
Hope I find the little guy, don't want a bad out come.
I fed Harry (Houdini) when I got him was told he just shed. Don't know if he'll be hungry.
Feel really bad right now. It's the start of the week, back to the old grind time is at a premium. But Spring Cleaning has come early.

Best advice I can give you is to tear the immediate (near the cage) area apart. Look for 'warm' spots like near a TV or computer, refridgerator, next to window or heater vent, etc.
Also most importantly, use this time to correct whatever was wrong with your caging. If you do ever find him again, he will get out right away now because he will remember how he did it before.

What kind of closure do you have on the caging? What size holes? Are you just 'weighing down' a lid, or do you have an actual closing lid?

Oh Tony so sorry. Ditto with Tom, look in warm places stacks of blanket, towels, drawers with clothes. He will look for someplace warm and cozy. I think you said you have a cat watch the cat, I've had three escapes in four years two of those times my cat alerted me to the location of the snake. good luck, susang

I agree with Susan. Your cat will always find your lost snake before you do. This means keep a VERY close eye on your cat. It's great when your cat alerts you to a lost snake. It's not great to find a decapitated snake in your hallway floor.
I have never personally tried this, but I think the second most effective way to find a lost snake is the 'ol pinkie in a pop bottle trick. Do a search or get Kathy Love's corn snake manual.

FOUND HIM FOUND HIM FOUND HIM-------IN MY SON'S ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!
:dancer: :bowdown: :dancer: :bowdown: :laugh: :laugh01: :rofl: :cheers:

It must be the luck of the Irish (I'm actually Polish by desent). Ihate when things like that happen but very glad for the happy ending. He seems ok. I have Mel in a 29gal with a screen hood clipped down. I had made some extra clips at work, so with a little re-bending they fit the slide screen on Harry's cage well, no movement at all now. That was the only thing I could figure out happened. Everyone says it dosen't take a very big opening. Got to get off to work a little behind now.
Thanks everyone!!!!

Back