CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Dalek ate Fir bark! Pictures...

Old 01-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Arpolis
Dalek ate Fir bark! Pictures...

Hello all. I have never had this happen and it concerns me a bit. My cute and lovely petco find amel that looks like a floresant almost has a piece of "Repti Bark Fir park bedding". Is there anything I can do to help her?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
covato78
Ouch that looks like it hurts im sure the experienced ppl on the forum are typing up suggestions right now as I am new I am of no use just here to offer my support I would suggest feeding in a separate tank or plastic tub to avoid this in the future.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
medusacoils
Did she just go ahead and eat it, or did you feed her in her viv?

I'm not sure what you could do, without causing damage. I'm wondering if you are going to need to make a trek to the vet. That piece looks a little big to pass on it's own.

Sorry I can't help.

Wayne

Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
Billybobob
Ouch, that sucks! It looks like you are going to have to have that surgically removed. So take it to the vet. It may have already perforated the esophagus(Judging by the bulge on the right side). So I would not try massaging it out yourself, you might end up doing more damage rather than helping.

Good luck with your snake hope every thing works out.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Arpolis
I always fed her in her tank. She has always been an agresive eater with great strike and coil response but when I went to check her out after she was done with her meal she was like this.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
Shiari
Yeah... that's a vet visit right there.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Teddy Roosevelt
JEEZ, that looks bad. I would take her to the vet PRONTO, because there isn't much you can do to her that won't make things worse. Maybe in the future buy her a sterilite container just for feeding? Then you'd avoid this happening again. I know some corns won't take it outside of their 'territory'... Mouse for example, is a bit under the weather right now, and will only take food offered in her viv. She normally takes it fine in a bin.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #8
K. Rene
Yeah that's not good, idk if that will dissolve any and be digested. I would find a herp vet asap and you know now that feeding in the tank can be dangerous.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #9
wade
I think I would try to massage it to be inline with her throat. Very gently, try to work the left side back toward the head. I think if you can get it in line it will pass. I would do it sooner than later, you don’t want to have it puncture anything. If you can’t get it in line on your own without too much force, I think you need to have a Vet do it in the morning.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
medusacoils
Did you try blowing into the Cloaca?

Wayne

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google