CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Riobravo boas

Old 10-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
Nanci
I can't imagine anyone being that busy. You _always_ hear stories about how Don is so nice on the phone, and will spend lots and lots of time with a customer. I certainly know he does by e-mail. Same thing with Rich when he was in business. Certainly the people at Rio Bravo can't be busier/"more important" than those two examples of large breeding operations. Or look at Sean Niland, VMS, that has a photo of every single animal right down to the normal cornsnakes!

You should send them an e-mail saying you'll take your $50, add it to your snake budget and go shop somewhere else!

Old 10-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #22
Dorgrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInstall View Post
Have you tried Vin Russo? He's another highly reputable breeder of locality boas. Maybe you'll have better luck with him.

http://www.cuttingedgeherp.com
I just got in contact with rus, and already ive gotten much better service. I ended up calling ed Lilley up at constrictors NW to make sure I had the right email for the rio-bravo people! I was so worried I had a scalper! But as it goes, the search continues!

Old 10-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
Dorgrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I can't imagine anyone being that busy. You _always_ hear stories about how Don is so nice on the phone, and will spend lots and lots of time with a customer. I certainly know he does by e-mail. Same thing with Rich when he was in business. Certainly the people at Rio Bravo can't be busier/"more important" than those two examples of large breeding operations. Or look at Sean Niland, VMS, that has a photo of every single animal right down to the normal cornsnakes!

You should send them an e-mail saying you'll take your $50, add it to your snake budget and go shop somewhere else!
thats exactly what I said! I told them " sorry for apparently being such a bother but i will do business else where"

I even explained why I wanted pictures. I only have 4 snakes right now, this would be my 5th. Im SUPER picky about what I get and I really have to "fall in love" with the animals I get. Either way now though, Im still shopping around. Ive stumbled upon the patternless boas of MainleyBoas, and man those are amazing but lord only knows how expensive they are ha! Thankfully though, not having a lot of snakes, I am usually willing to pay, a reasonable bit more.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #24
chris68
Wow, RioBravo just lost any "small peanuts" money I would think to spend on one of their Suri locale boas. That's unacceptable

Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #25
Allalaskan
Something my mom taught me, if you want my money BE NICE!!! I will not give my hard earned money to some one who is going to treat me badly and be short with me.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #26
Jessicat
Perhaps you should see if Rio Bravo has a page on the bio. You could add your experience there for people in the future who may run into the same experience as you.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #27
Nanci
Probably not BOI-worthy. They didn't do anything "wrong," just money-grubbing poor customer service...

Old 10-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #28
Dorgrim
yeah i dont think i wnat to take them to the BOI but it just didnt even seem like they wanted to sell a snake. Either way though I ended up finding one from Vin at cutting edge and it is just as beautiful! AND i got pics of the parents which makes me feel a lot better about the quality of snake that I will be getting!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google