CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Sand Color

Old 10-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #41
Fatman608
Nanci - you know the answer to the question before you asked it.

Now I am not trying to argue with you because I use aspen so that my snakes can have the biggest hide of them all the hole tub under the aspen.

However, you got to remember he is just a kid.

Love the Fatman

Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #42
Bammer
When did people forget that we are keeping wild animals in cage for our pleasure.. I'm pretty sure my enclosure provides a lot more of a natural looking at feeling environment than a 4 inch tall rubber tub with wood shavings. I provide my snake with multiple hides, climbing ares and, bushy plants and ample room for bathing, yet I SUBJECT it to gravel? Your ridiculous. And wrong. There is more than one way to do everything.. God forbid I do something different that you do Nanci..

Old 10-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #43
Bammer
PS. I'm 24 Fatman...Somehow "kid" still hurts lol

Old 10-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #44
josie
There are non toxic dyes, I used to use them when dying wood to make parrot toys. Another cheap and non toxic way to dye wood is by soaking it in kool aid. You wont get that vibrant coloring but still does the trick.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #45
Fatman608
Hey Bammer,

You got to be older than my oldest nephew not to be called "kid" around me and Jimmy(who wishes I would call him James) the Air Force sergeant is only 33 years old. Sorry to me you are still a kid and I am still my mother's little boy.

Love the Fatman

Old 10-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #46
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammer View Post
When did people forget that we are keeping wild animals in cage for our pleasure.. I'm pretty sure my enclosure provides a lot more of a natural looking at feeling environment than a 4 inch tall rubber tub with wood shavings. I provide my snake with multiple hides, climbing ares and, bushy plants and ample room for bathing, yet I SUBJECT it to gravel? Your ridiculous. And wrong. There is more than one way to do everything.. God forbid I do something different that you do Nanci..
Sure there's more than one way. The best way for the animal, and the best way for the human. Guess which one I try to provide.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #47
Haarstad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammer View Post
I don't see a problem with a harder, heavier bedding provided nothing is going to hurt the snake... If he has multiple hides, then having a bedding that he won't crawl under is just one less hide and he can stick to the others...

I see what you are getting at though Bammer, i only have one snake and i do like to see him "out and about" but i'll just have to see how he does with this stuff and i'll worry about another bedding when i buy a bigger tank in a month or so

Old 10-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #48
Bammer
Fatman, You have got to be one of my favorite people on this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Sure there's more than one way. The best way for the animal, and the best way for the human. Guess which one I try to provide.
That comment is wrong on so many different levels.. Following that line of thought you should have never bought an animal to keep in a cage for your enjoyment ALONE, let alone handling it.. Lots of people use newspaper and paper towels besides me. Its far more sanitary and easy to clean, so you tell me whats best for the snake. You my dear are by far one of the most argumentative people I have met thus far.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #49
Jdog3131
people let's not fight...everyone does their own thing and as long as the animal and muman are happy it's all good' everyone has their ways

Old 10-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #50
Jdog3131
sorry humane

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
bedding