• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

poop or regurge?

stcktnkid

Ok first so you know, I had this snake for about 5 weeks, and so far he ate 4 pinkies for me with no problem but this week he ate one and i think threw it up two days later.

I need help determining the difference between a poop and a regurge. My snake is about 14-15 inches and ate a large pinkie the other day. about 35 hours later there was a big thing in her tank. It looked like it was too big to be poop. Half of it was black like poop then the other half was a pinkish color kinda like it was undigested, and this was layin on a paper towel that looked like it had absorbed some liquid. He ate midday on monday around noon, and tuesday night around midnight-3am i found the poop or regurge. i would say it was about 36 hours after eatting. So how do you determine if what you find is poop or regurge, this is huge. She is very active today and isnt realy acting like she is sick or different then normal. can somone post a pic of a regurge or if they feel it is inapropriate they can email me some pics so i can tell the difference. thanks and concerned, chris

I've only had one regurge (24 hours after feed, due to getting stuck on glue =/) and WOW regurges REALLLLLY smell disgusting! I've been told thats the first clue to deciding if its poop or a regurge. My regurge (well.. my snakes of course) wasn't really wet persay... it was covered with thick, sticky, smiley stuff. I know if you do a search on poop, you'll find some pictures. I have yet to find a pic on the forum of a regurge tho ~,~

stcktnkid said:
Ok first so you know, I had this snake for about 5 weeks, and so far he ate 4 pinkies for me with no problem but this week he ate one and i think threw it up two days later.

I need help determining the difference between a poop and a regurge. My snake is about 14-15 inches and ate a large pinkie the other day. about 35 hours later there was a big thing in her tank. It looked like it was too big to be poop. Half of it was black like poop then the other half was a pinkish color kinda like it was undigested, and this was layin on a paper towel that looked like it had absorbed some liquid. He ate midday on monday around noon, and tuesday night around midnight-3am i found the poop or regurge. i would say it was about 36 hours after eatting. So how do you determine if what you find is poop or regurge, this is huge. She is very active today and isnt realy acting like she is sick or different then normal. can somone post a pic of a regurge or if they feel it is inapropriate they can email me some pics so i can tell the difference. thanks and concerned, chris

I've never seen a snake digest anything in 24 hours. I'd assume it's a regurge.

try a light palpation of the stomach region, that soon after a meal good chance you could still feel it if it was present. my snake still has a bit of a bump after 3 or 4 days.
I've never seen a snake digest anything in 24 hours. I'd assume it's a regurge.
There's the possibility that it's a poop from the previous meal.

The regurge i got was 3 or 4 days after he ate and it was brownish in color and looked kinda like goop and STUNK bad. there was a bit of fur because mine eats fuzzies. if yours eats pinkies there shouldnt be any fur. And for poop. its usually black and white clumps. you usually can tell wich is wich between deffecation and a regurge just by the smell :p.

Back