CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Should I be consenered?

Old 12-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
ILOVECORNSNAKES
Question Should I be consenered?

Hello all! I'm worried about my lil Delilah.....She shed Wednesday and the shead looked completely normal, but I was holding her yesterday and I noticed something peculiar about a couple of her scales. About 3 inches from her head are two small patches of uneven scales. She will let me touch them and she sows no discomfort, but I would like to know if there is a problem, or if I should watch out for anything? Any advice?? Much appreciated!!!

Old 12-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #2
Rich in KY
Can you get pics of the scales for people to look at?

Old 12-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #3
Cegninedorf
I really don't know if you should be concerned or not, but if they're left over unshed scales, then you could try taking a damp towel and running Delilah through it or just running the towel on those scales to see if they come off. Sometimes, I'll find a scale or two on Caramelo that looks like it's "uneven" but my thought is that he may have caught it on something when traveling or...I don't know, but I'll admit: I just wait & see if something comes of it, versus doing anything about it right away. I usually attribute it to him coming up on needing to shed soon...but you said that Delilah had just shed, so maybe it's just a couple of left over ones that are stubborn.

Old 12-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #4
ILOVECORNSNAKES
unfortuantly I can't get pictures, my carmra has been broken for quite some time now....hopefuly I'll get a new one for Christmas...

I will try running a warm cloth over the scales, I'll keep ya posted

Old 12-01-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
Nanci
This will help, if she does have retained shed, and won't hurt.

http://tinyurl.com/29hqmz

Nanci

Old 12-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
ILOVECORNSNAKES
Talking Thanks!

I'd like to thank Christina and Naci, for their advice. I ended up taking a warm cloth and gently rubbed the place that was uneven, within seconds it was good as new! ^^ and Naci, im keeping that link incase it happens again. Thanks guys!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google