CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Picked up this beauty today at Columbia show!

Old 02-07-2016, 10:05 PM   #1
MegF.
Talking Picked up this beauty today at Columbia show!

I wasn't intending to pick up anything at the show...just go to look around, drop off a Cantil to someone I sold her to and to chat with friends. One of my buddies had this nice locality Okeetee and I ended up getting her. I used to breed locality Okeetees but sold them years ago when I stopped breeding corns. I wish I'd kept at least one though for my educational talks as they were large animals with bright colors and kids loved them. I've not been able to locate any of my old snakes or offspring and all the "Okeetees" I see are not true Okeetees.....so this was a real treat that I couldn't pass up! Named Soleil....she took a nice rat weanling this evening! Once it warms up, I'll get some better photos of her....

Old 02-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #2
Nanci
Gorgeous!!!

Old 02-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
Rich Z
Thumbs up

It's really difficult to not like Okeetees......

Old 02-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #4
mrobinson12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
It's really difficult to not like Okeetees......

I agree their colors are beautiful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 02-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #5
DollysMom
Stunning! She's a great find. I love that you can see the stripes without their being overpowering-- just authentic. She's my idea of Okeetee perfection.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:22 PM   #6
MegF.
Thanks everyone! She's a doll....as they are.....I hope she is going to be as large as my old Okeetees were...some of the largest normals I ever owned....almost 5 foot long and well over 800 grams. Made my other corns look like twigs....even the babies were large...most hatched out at 10 grams or larger.....her yellow is starting to develop and should get more visible as she gets older....she's going to be a beauty! She's already almost 400 grams at 2 years old...so she's well over what my other corns were....I don't think even my other adult male that was caught here in Aiken is much bigger than that and he's full grown. She was conservatively fed so this is just slow regular growth....

Old 02-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #7
Distaff
Sign.
Someday...
So many beautiful localities out there.

Wish I had more space.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:02 PM   #8
MegF.
I feel your pain....not sure where I'm going to put her once I get her out of quarantine......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google