CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

poop or regurge?

Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
stcktnkid
poop or regurge?

Ok first so you know, I had this snake for about 5 weeks, and so far he ate 4 pinkies for me with no problem but this week he ate one and i think threw it up two days later.

I need help determining the difference between a poop and a regurge. My snake is about 14-15 inches and ate a large pinkie the other day. about 35 hours later there was a big thing in her tank. It looked like it was too big to be poop. Half of it was black like poop then the other half was a pinkish color kinda like it was undigested, and this was layin on a paper towel that looked like it had absorbed some liquid. He ate midday on monday around noon, and tuesday night around midnight-3am i found the poop or regurge. i would say it was about 36 hours after eatting. So how do you determine if what you find is poop or regurge, this is huge. She is very active today and isnt realy acting like she is sick or different then normal. can somone post a pic of a regurge or if they feel it is inapropriate they can email me some pics so i can tell the difference. thanks and concerned, chris

Old 11-23-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
Gintha
I've only had one regurge (24 hours after feed, due to getting stuck on glue =/) and WOW regurges REALLLLLY smell disgusting! I've been told thats the first clue to deciding if its poop or a regurge. My regurge (well.. my snakes of course) wasn't really wet persay... it was covered with thick, sticky, smiley stuff. I know if you do a search on poop, you'll find some pictures. I have yet to find a pic on the forum of a regurge tho ~,~

Old 11-23-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
Gintha
*sighs* smiley = slimy stupid spell checker.. needs to point out wrong words =P

Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
stcktnkid
thanks for the info ill try and search for some more pics...

Old 11-23-2005, 04:27 PM   #5
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by stcktnkid
Ok first so you know, I had this snake for about 5 weeks, and so far he ate 4 pinkies for me with no problem but this week he ate one and i think threw it up two days later.

I need help determining the difference between a poop and a regurge. My snake is about 14-15 inches and ate a large pinkie the other day. about 35 hours later there was a big thing in her tank. It looked like it was too big to be poop. Half of it was black like poop then the other half was a pinkish color kinda like it was undigested, and this was layin on a paper towel that looked like it had absorbed some liquid. He ate midday on monday around noon, and tuesday night around midnight-3am i found the poop or regurge. i would say it was about 36 hours after eatting. So how do you determine if what you find is poop or regurge, this is huge. She is very active today and isnt realy acting like she is sick or different then normal. can somone post a pic of a regurge or if they feel it is inapropriate they can email me some pics so i can tell the difference. thanks and concerned, chris

I've never seen a snake digest anything in 24 hours. I'd assume it's a regurge.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #6
sbourget
try a light palpation of the stomach region, that soon after a meal good chance you could still feel it if it was present. my snake still has a bit of a bump after 3 or 4 days.
Quote:
I've never seen a snake digest anything in 24 hours. I'd assume it's a regurge.
There's the possibility that it's a poop from the previous meal.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:25 PM   #7
Camille
The regurge i got was 3 or 4 days after he ate and it was brownish in color and looked kinda like goop and STUNK bad. there was a bit of fur because mine eats fuzzies. if yours eats pinkies there shouldnt be any fur. And for poop. its usually black and white clumps. you usually can tell wich is wich between deffecation and a regurge just by the smell :P.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google