CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

DIY Front Opening Aquariums

Old 07-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #81
HERETiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERETiC View Post
I need to make a 3/4" hole for the cam lock in my 1/4" plexi, what is the best way to go about it?

Thanks.
Nevermind I got it. I just used a big masonry bit, against my better judgement, after trying other methods that were getting me nowhere fast. The bit I used worked like a charm though, I just kept it cool and went very, very slow.

Nice pics everyone, helped me get some ideas.

Mine is a 60 gallon tall, I made two doors attached to a center fixed piece. All 1/4" acrylic. Looks really nice, I will be going from a floor space of 4sq feet to neary 8sq feet!

I'll post pics of mine when I get it setup and I get all the stuff in the mail...

Old 09-07-2011, 03:43 AM   #82
CarlyEliz
OH MY GOD... I love it! iv been thinking about building a rack system for a while now and this is just PERFECT!!! for the smaller snakes atleast. as soon as im done setting up my indoor pond for my turtles i am doing this! now i can put all my 10 gallons to good use!

Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #83
Reptileman81
This is a really sweet set up and idea. I was going to make a double sliding glass door cage made from wood to put my kids boas in but I am thinking this could be cheaper and much much easier to do.

Great idea man.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 AM   #84
WingedSweetheart
Those are really nice! I want to make my own now lol. Only difference is I would put a lip at the door so shavings don't fall out every time I open up the cage

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google