CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

What can I expect out of this mix?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Gojo
What can I expect out of this mix?

I have a beautiful snow girly currently. I'm looking for a boyfriend for her and have had my eye on a bloodred motley male. Assuming neither have anything interesting hiding in their genetics, which morphs do you think I could get from their breeding?

Also, I am half tempted to find a pewter, just because they are so pretty. What would I get from crossing a bloodred with a pewter, or a pewter with a snow?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
atmox
snow x bloodred = normals
pewter x bloodred = bloodreds
pewter x snow = normals

http://www.corncalc.com/
You can use this ^ site to see what you would get

And of course all the baby's would still be het. for the parents genes but don't express this.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
tspuckler
In most cases traits in Corn Snakes are recessive. Because of this, you need to breed two snakes carrying the anery gene to make anery offspring or two snakes carrying the albino gene to make albino babies. Snow is anery + albino.

So you generally need to "match up" snakes with the same recessive genes in order to make morphs - otherwise you'll get all normal-looking babies.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
carnivorouszoo
I suggest you get the morph guide, read through the genetics section on here, and look over iansvivarium.com to learn more about genetics before actually breeding any snakes ok? You would hate to try to sell offspring as the wrong morph on accident right? Get a bit more familiar with this stuff and then have a go

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google