CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

unusual themes/ideas?

Old 11-26-2011, 04:20 PM   #11
Tzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyMedusa7 View Post
all of mine are naturalistic so far,but I think an outerspace theme would look pretty cool,with a space background & the viv decorations looking like the snake is on another planet
nice idea!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #12
Hexadeci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth89 View Post
I did post this a while ago. I am in the process of building a dragon's hoard for him. However I am still looking for clever ways to keep improving it. for example: I still cannot find a princess! I need one for the tower.

I am open to suggestions if someone has any!
Awesome fun idea! I can't tell from the picture; do you keep water in the mote?

For the horde, maybe a handful or two of those plastic gems children play with. For the princess, some kind of charm off a bracelet or pencil decorator or cell phone chain perhaps? Next time you are at a Disney establishment lol. Or next time you are in a tourist trap area (I can think of a dozen places in CA, but I have no idea what they'd have in ND), check cutesy curio shops and swapmeets. Super Mario princess!

Perhaps a little sign post or banner in or outside the viv saying "beware of dragon" or the classic "here thar be dragons". Or, as TV tropes says, that in Latin, because everything is better in Latin. Or a fantasy style map (like in The Hobbit) with the phrase.

Shoot I might just have to steal this idea for my next next snake lol. I'd have to decide among a Harry Potter basilisk, or Smaug from The Hobbit, or a Chronicles of Narnia theme, or oooo Aladin cobra. I think my childhood favorites have a common theme here...

Old 11-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
Ruth89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexadeci View Post
Awesome fun idea! I can't tell from the picture; do you keep water in the mote?

For the horde, maybe a handful or two of those plastic gems children play with. For the princess, some kind of charm off a bracelet or pencil decorator or cell phone chain perhaps? Next time you are at a Disney establishment lol. Or next time you are in a tourist trap area (I can think of a dozen places in CA, but I have no idea what they'd have in ND), check cutesy curio shops and swapmeets. Super Mario princess!

Perhaps a little sign post or banner in or outside the viv saying "beware of dragon" or the classic "here thar be dragons". Or, as TV tropes says, that in Latin, because everything is better in Latin. Or a fantasy style map (like in The Hobbit) with the phrase.

Shoot I might just have to steal this idea for my next next snake lol. I'd have to decide among a Harry Potter basilisk, or Smaug from The Hobbit, or a Chronicles of Narnia theme, or oooo Aladin cobra. I think my childhood favorites have a common theme here...
omg I have a sunkissed named Naigini! She will be getting the HP look. I have looked at charms for the princess and couldn't find anything but I didn't think of cell phone chains! And yes, everything is better in Latin. I will definitely have to do the sign. I had water in the mote but it got to be a pain because I had to clean it every other day because Jasper would defile it.

I also want to do something different with the background but I am not sure what. I hate to take out the one I have because Jasper loves it.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #14
Hexadeci
MC Escher theme!

I think it would be cool to do an Escher theme (or at least photo shoot at some point), maybe for a solid red snake since there would already be so much busyness in the decor.

Tessellations (Metamorphosis, particularly the next to last row) for the background:
Name:  Escher,_Metamorphosis_III.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  74.1 KB

Two of these three images for the sidesgrounds:
Name:  Three_Worlds.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  44.0 KB
Name:  Another_World.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  55.1 KB
Name:  Castrovalva.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  90.3 KB

A mobius strip prop (it would be awesome to actually get a photo of a snake stretched out along a mobius strip, tail to nose)
Name:  LW441.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  39.3 KB

Something like the Belvedere for climbing. For hides, any sort of geometric, pyramid shape to size with a door. For foliage cover, any number of bizarre alien like plants would work. It would be challenging to do tastefully, not ridiculously garish.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #15
crotalis40741
Do a hillbilly one, with a moon shine jug, little shack cabin and an outhouse hide. Now if can just get the little hat and beard to stay on the snake.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Sai_Keths
Im doing an Egyptian theme with a pyramid and an Apophis scarab prison hide

Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #17
inluvwithmycorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth89 View Post
I did post this a while ago. I am in the process of building a dragon's hoard for him. However I am still looking for clever ways to keep improving it. for example: I still cannot find a princess! I need one for the tower.

I am open to suggestions if someone has any!
This is just tooo awsome

Old 02-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #18
Naagas
I want to do an electronic futuristic themed one... maybe put some old hard drives and circuit boards in there...

I'm still brainstorming, but I think it would be neat.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #19
Bethany02086
SWEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNoddingGod View Post
This is the background I am having put on my 55 gallon viv for my leucistic rat snake. That is the last thing I need before his home is complete and I will post pics.

http://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/392097/
that is a super sweet background!!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #20
Bethany02086
Ruth89: that is amazing! i love the mote...i would at least fill it when people come over...lol!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google