CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Son going to college, need home for his Opal

Old 08-20-2016, 02:11 AM   #1
Jypseekatt
Son going to college, need home for his Opal

Hello! Although I've not posted here since.....well a long time ago, I've learned everything I know about corns here, so thank you all!
We bough our Opal corn, Mishu, from a breeder here back in 2011. I don't know how to access that old account, because I no longer have access to the email attatched. Perhaps an admin can help me out in that department to verify his bloodlines.
At any rate, my son is going off to college, my husband is an over the road truck driver, and I can take care of feeding Mishu, but really can't take care of his enclosure to keep it clean like it should. We decided it would be better to offer him back to the community that we found him from, a community that we know will take great care of him, and possibly breed him. We just never got that far into it to breed. We are very leary of posting on Craigslist and the like, you just never know who you're really selling to. I know that could be the case here too, but I figured the likelihood of selling him to someone unfit was much lower here within a dedicated group of cornsnakers.
As I said, his name is Mishu, he was born in 2011. He's kept in a 24"x15"x12" glass enclosure. He's always been an "only snake". He eats a frozen large mouse once a week. At last measurement, he was approximately 4' long. He's a very good boy, and we just want to see him well taken care of. To be honest, I haven't the foggiest clue how I'd get him to a prospective buyer, but I'm hoping someone here can help me understand the best way to handle that.
Thanks for reading! I'll make sure to check back every day for responses.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
Dragonling
Were I not packed to the gills already, I would take him in, since I'm only about 2.5 hours west of you. A couple of local vet assistants have been eyeing my corns and said they want one. I'll shoot 'em both a message and see if either is actually interested in committing. Both have at least a couple of years of reptile experience.

Old 08-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #3
lazarin
I sent you a PM, but I understand if you'd rather give him to somebody with more experience. Good luck finding his new home!

Old 08-20-2016, 09:53 AM   #4
axis1
Hi Jypseekatt! How ya been?

I'm glad you posted that here and I REALLY hope someone can take that gorgeous snake of yours. He's TOO nice to keep in such a small container! (Am I the only one to notice this or the only one to raise the issue?). That CAN'T be good! 4' long and in a tank that's 2' long 1' wide? But I guess there's been worse. (I lived in an apartment in Manhattan once that was so small that when someone rang the doorbell, the toilet bowl would flush!!)

However, he APPEARS healthy if not a little on the porky side, which is OK, I guess.

Like Dragonling, I'm also crammed with 3 adults, a yearling, and 11 hatchlings with 6 on the way in September. Since I recently separated my adults (they were cohabbed until I learned here that that could be detrimental), I now have four separate enclosures, no smaller than 30 gallon sized, for my bigger guys and 11 shoebox-sized containers for my hatchlings. But maybe someone with some more space can take your chubby little sneaky one in?

I hope so! Please keep us posted!

Old 08-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #5
colubridcando18
PMed you earlier this morning ... also sent email but understand you changed that so may not see or get that!

Old 08-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #6
Jypseekatt
I feel terrible! I never thought his enclosure was too small. He curls up in his little cave most of the time (you can see it pictured above). The picture of him in his enclosure was taken about a year ago. Maybe I measured either him or the enclosure wrong, as he seems comfortable? What size enclosure should he have?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #7
DLena
40 gallon breeder size tank, or 36x18x15 is good. Rule of thumb is 1/2 the tank perimeter should be greater than or equal to length of the snake.
I am a 6 hour car drive from you (Buffalo NY) but I have space in my PVC tower (not a rack) so I could take him. He'd have to be an easy handler, though, because he'd go in the lowest viv, and I have to really bend and reach to access it. Don't want someone lunging at the open door while my face is in the way! LOL. You could PM me thru this site or email me at DLenaRuth@aol.com

Old 08-26-2016, 11:13 AM   #8
lazarin
Any updates on this?

Old 08-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #9
colubridcando18
I believe she found "Mishu" a nice home in her area :-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google