CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Brumation and Mating Season

Old 04-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
albinoscooby
Brumation and Mating Season

Hey All,
I just wanted to start a general thread and see where everyone is so far this breeding season. Are most of you guys just coming out of Brumation and ready to breed? Have already bred, etc. I see a few on here have eggs on the ground already.

I'm going to be crossing my Whiteout with something fun pretty soon. He's definitely in heat and ready to roll! I'm thinking a Bloodred Stripe crossing with him. That should get some great hets!

Any suggestions to cross a whiteout with? Anything that comes out would be cool regardless lol

Old 04-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
Dragonling
I can't say I've heard the phrase "on the ground" outside of dog breeding (it's one of those buzzterms that's become a bit of a turnoff for me, along with calling a dog a "production"), but yeah two clutches cooking and I'm waiting on three more to lay just about any day now.

Blood stripe sounds as good a match as any, and you'll definitely get some fun stuff pairing the hets. One of the downsides to blizzard-based morphs is once you have a nearly solid white snake, there's not much else you can really add to it aside from maybe a reddening gene. But you could certainly have fun with its components, and there are a lot of really popular charcoal/pewter combos you could aim for.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #3
albinoscooby
Hey the point is you knew what I meant right? :-p. Wrong choice of words I suppose haha. I'll slap myself in the hands as I've bred a few times in a past few years lol.

I kind of like a solid white snake with nothing else on them. Like snows have a little yellow, but I like the blizzard/Opal/Whiteout herps. I'm excited to use the genes of the whiteout with anything I cross it with really haha. Anything its crossed with would have some great usable genes.

Maybe I can end up making a whiteout stripe! I don't think that's been created at this point right? I saw one on Ians vivarium but it was a hatchling and looked a lot like a regular hatchling whiteout because you can't see the pattern of the stripe very well. Being that its fully white lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google