CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Our First Education Show!

Old 03-20-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
Solaris16
Talking Our First Education Show!

Hi Everyone!

Sunny and I did our first educational show last Friday. He is a 10 month old Okeetee (?) corn snake that I have had since he was 3 weeks old. He is incredible personality wise, I love him! He did very well, other than being rather nervous, which was understandable. Basically what we did was go to the museum about an hour away, stand behind a table, let people touch him and answer questions. A lot of people stroked him and asked questions. Many people were scared, but touched him anyway. I loved how many people were shocked at how soft and dry he felt "Wow, not at all how I thought he would feel! He's not even a little bit slimy!" Sunny held on tight to me the whole time, but he was okay and I hope that we will do many more shows in the future! It's great to be back! Hope to hear from you all soon! Wendy

Old 03-21-2002, 08:14 AM   #2
Shaky
Thumbs up Sounds like fun

Good job!
Anytime we can get out into the public like that and not scare them silly, its a good idea.
I wish I'd been with you.

Old 03-23-2002, 08:48 AM   #3
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
My first exploration lucky to hear a great share~~~~:~

This is the first time I've been on the new "set-up" !! Thanks for the great share. Did you get a video of the outing? Sam
(Better known as Spencer's Mom)

Old 03-23-2002, 11:28 AM   #4
Solaris16
Thumbs up

Hi Sam!
Nice to "see" you again! No, we didn't video tape it, but that would have been a neat idea! We *might* be taking part in a show that will be on the television though! If this takes place, I'll be on for sure, but I'm not sure if Sunny will be on! Should be fun anyway! Nice to be back! Wendy

Old 03-23-2002, 05:16 PM   #5
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Soon you will be in demand~~~~:~

If you keep it up, people will want to hear and see more. And you know that the more we are educated the more we love our snakes. I seem to be learning something new everyday. (Plus we're having fun to boot! ) So perhaps next time Sunny is on tour we'll see some star photos. Keep up the good work! Sam

Old 04-03-2002, 09:38 PM   #6
Missymonkey
neat!

You should try giving a "show" at a school. I've done some shows for the local humane society for a class of kidnergardeners and they all loved it. You could spark interest in some little minds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google